Firearms Talk banner
61 - 69 of 69 Posts
Pretty much. I have taken a leak in a active scrape to see what happened and shot a nice eight pointer that was checking it out. Unnatural scents like perfume are what scares deer. Get the cheapest gas station perfume/cologne and douse the stand.
This reminded me of a gardening trick to deter deer, fabric softener sheets. The bad: they would be easier to spot than sprayed perfume.

Oh my, I would not go in the cage myself!! No no - I would collar the nearest tree hugger and tell them how the ammonia in the droppings reacts with the concrete and causes phosphane gas that damages the van allen belt and causes mumps in Eskimos, then hand them a bucket and let THEM catch it fresh. Two or three of these guys later, I would have some - -
well as long as you're only sacrificing some liberal treehuggers for collecting the droppings! i'm cool with that!

I hunt a suburban spot. When the wind is right and the neighbors are running their dryer......you can smell it in the woods. Yup, the deer run that nasty thick stuff right along the creek........which is closer to the house.

I have heard one or two in the trunk of your car and inside the passenger compartment keeps mice out. Can't vouch for that, but it smells nice, and certainly better than moth balls!
Peppermint oil has been my new friend for rodent repellent. I put a drop or three on one of the wife's facial cleaning pads every couple weeks, and toss a couple under the vehicle. Use 10-15 drops in a spray bottle with a little vinegar ( to act as an emulsifier ) to spray around building foundations to repel rodents and spiders.

It's not foolproof, but close. Red Jimmy squirrels, chipmunks, and mice were driving me nuts until I started doing this. The signs of them are hard to find now. I think they were using the mothballs for their little soccer games.

Peppermint oil has been my new friend for rodent repellent. I put a drop or three on one of the wife's facial cleaning pads every couple weeks, and toss a couple under the vehicle. Use 10-15 drops in a spray bottle with a little vinegar ( to act as an emulsifier ) to spray around building foundations to repel rodents and spiders.

It's not foolproof, but close. Red Jimmy squirrels, chipmunks, and mice were driving me nuts until I started doing this. The signs of them are hard to find now. I think they were using the mothballs for their little soccer games.
Tea Tree Oil works really good for flea control. we add some to water and put into a sprayer for the dogs and cats. we have also added some to some cheap shampoo for when the dogs get a bath. that stuff works and it doesn't take very much to do the job.

Reactions: RJF22553
1 of the farms that goes right down to the water's edge on a dam about 2 hours or so from here was getting poached by those of a Middle eastern descent when they would cut a gate lock and enter chasing pigs or deer on the back blocks of the farm.
Old mate came across the 4wd and somehow it caught on fire...................

1 of the farms that goes right down to the water's edge on a dam about 2 hours or so from here was getting poached by those of a Middle eastern descent when they would cut a gate lock and enter chasing pigs or deer on the back blocks of the farm.
Old mate came across the 4wd and somehow it caught on fire...................
too bad! they shouldn't have been trespassing and poaching is what i'd tell them.

we have ran across a few poached deer here at our farms on rare occasions. for the most part, trespassers seem to become rare as well here too. we have been repairing many of the old fencing and doing fence line checking on regular basis over the last couple of years. a lot of the new fencing is mainly to keep the feral hogs out of the property. they have done some massive damage over the last several years. the wetter the season are, the more they travel further away from the creeks and sloughs around here.

Reactions: RJF22553
61 - 69 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.