PMC Ammo?

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by Greywolf1949, May 23, 2012.

1. Greywolf1949

Greywolf1949 New Member

Anybody want to comment on PMC ammunition? My brother-in-law wants to buy some in bulk and I've never shot any of it. He's interested in .380 ACP and I might be interested in .357/.38SP or .40 S&W.

2. Donn

Donn Active Member

Used 9mm and .45acp, no issues so far.

3. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

I've used it in 9mm, 40, and 223. It shoots just dandy. Feeds fine. Leaves the gun a little dirty though

4. kmglocks

kmglocks New Member

Man i am glad i saw this thread. Yesterday i was holding a range for our department and one of our guys had a kel tec .32. He had SEVERAL failure to fires, all rounds had DEEP impact mark on the primer as well. It was eye opening to say the least.

5. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Was he using PMC? I have never had a misfire with with PMC ammo. It does smell funny and is a little dirty. I have used 22lr match, 380, 357, 45ACP and 223.

6. kmglocks

kmglocks New Member

It was. Brand new box bought from gambles in caro, mi. Never seen a widely used ammo have all those probs.

7. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

I've found it to be excellent ammo.

8. tomingreeneco

tomingreeneco New Member

I purchased some on sale one time in .357, 158 gr. JSP. Shot just fine in both pistol and lever gun. I have also reloaded the brass many times and am still reloading it. (Purchased it just to get the brass).

9. JonM

JonM Moderator

Used to shoot a lot of pmc 45 and 556 before i took up reloading. That was back in the 80's early 90's was excellent cheap ammo back then

10. M0L0NLAB3

M0L0NLAB3 New Member

11. VASH1456

VASH1456 New Member

If I had the money, PMC BRONZE .223 is all I would shoot. There's 1 store left where I live that sells them for $8 a box. The price went up to $12-$14 a box of 20 Everywhere else. So that 1 store OS always sold out and soon they will raise the price as well.

12. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Never had an issue using it in my Beretta 92s. (9x19mm)

13. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

I've used 9 mm & .40 S&W. I've found it to be quite good.

14. billt

billt New Member

I've used plenty of it in both 9 MM as well as .45 ACP with zero issues. I can't buy the brass and assemble the components as cheap as I can buy PMC. Their brass has a good amount of reloadability to it as well. PMC used to be Pan Metal Corporation when it was an American company, and was located in the Los Angeles area. It was then closed and sold to an off shore operation, and the ammo is now manufactured in Korea.

15. sct1886

sct1886 New Member

I have always had good to excellent results from PMC. An acquaintance of mine set up the factory. If it ran like he runs his ammunition business it will continue to be good quality. My only complaint is it is not US made. I will opt to buy ammunition that is made by my countrymen at a fair and affordable cost. Normally I try to buy Federal, from the Lake City Plant and or Blackgunammo.com, which is the civilian side of Mast Technologies located at Lake City. Fiocchi is another good one. Buy from your brothers and employ them when possible.

16. Greywolf1949

Greywolf1949 New Member

Thanks for all your replies, folks. You all have been very helpful as always. We'll let you all know if we have any issues.

17. billt

billt New Member

Cabelas by me, (Glendale, Az.), had a unadvertised sale this weekend on PMC .45 ACP ammo. I picked up 1,000 rounds. The thing that kills you on heavy pistol ammo like .45 ACP is shipping. That's why I always try to buy it locally. The sales tax usually winds up to be far less than shipping costs. I have also found the places that include shipping with ammo orders are not as cheap as others. They've got to pay for it some way.

They are the exact opposite of these "made for TV" nick knacks they sell on a lot of these Saturday morning infomercials, where the item price is about half of what they nail you for "shipping and handling".

18. W. C. Quantrill

W. C. Quantrill New Member

I have shot a lot of it and I have never had a failure with it. I have found the .308 and .30-06 ammo to be very accurate out to 400 yards, and have used it hunting with good results.

I buy almost all of my ammo bulk off the internet. Shipping is included in the advertized price, no sales tax, no extra haz mat fees. Just enter the card and in 4 days, the brown truck of happiness pulls into my yard.

Last edited: May 28, 2012
  19. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i have used the PMC brand over the years in various pistol and rifle calibers with good results. currently i shoot quite a bit in 223 in my AR and have had no problems at all. seems to burn pretty clean also as cleaning when i'm done doesn't take long. so i do reccomend it myself.

20. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Any brand can have a bad primer or other problem. I have a 223 Winchester White on my bench with a dead primer. I had one Fiochi 45acp with a bad primer. There were a couple more but it is a rare occurrence. I had a CCI Lawman with an overcharge destroy an aluminum framed 1911. Odd thing is I have never had a hand load with a bad primer.