PMC 45 auto ammo suckssucks

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by sharpshooter1997, Feb 17, 2013.

1. sharpshooter1997

sharpshooter1997 New Member

Got a case of PMC 185 hollow points and one of the rounds was way shorter then the rest.

ForumRunner_20130217_202201.jpg

2. beaglesam

beaglesam Active Member

That is very odd.

3. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Actually, it's quite common to see deviations in "set back" with factory ammo.

Tack

4. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

That happens once in a while with every brand.

5. CapnJack

CapnJack New Member

least it wasnt longer then OAL lol. i bought a box of PMC for in .45acp fmj rn and so far sogood. Hopefully that was just a one "shot" deal :p

6. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Tru dat :)

7. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Simply means with that one you have to lean toward your target closer than with the others. :D

8. JonM

JonM Moderator

Set that far back i wouldnt shoot it. Bullet seated deeper than normal means a great increase in pressure. Setback and overlength is what causes kabooms with factory ammo.

I thoroughly inspect factory ammo before shooting it. QC is not great when it comes to factory loadings doesnt matter the brand. I like having control of the loading process which is a major reason i tend to avoid factory ammo unless i really need brass or get a very good deal.

9. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

A case? As in 1000 rds? You got ONE that was short? No biggie. Probably in line with the QC of several makers.

10. at_liberty

at_liberty New Member

I have more squibs than that with stuff I load as carefully as I can. Still trying to improve my results.

PMC can be dirty and quite flashy in some batches, but it serves well enough as common ball ammo.