Pmags

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by locutus, May 20, 2013.

1. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Just ordered two 30 rd P-Mags from Midway USA (limit of two per order)

IN STOCK

Total with shipping and handling, $33.50:)

Life is good-AGAIN!!!!:D:D:D

www.midwayusa.com

2. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Nice to hear! Next, let's hope we can find ammo to stuff in 'em!

3. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

Went by a local farmer's co-op type store this morning. They probably had about 100 of the Federal American Eagle 100rd AR223 tacticool black boxes in stock for $49.99. 55gr FMJ, limit of three. I bought two.

Not a great price, but not terrible either. Things are in fact coming around.

4. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Stopped in Cabelas today and they had PMC 55gr for $12.99. I passed but nice to see a large quantity in stock. Lots of D&H 30rd GI mags for $15 but I passed again. Again, nice to see mags and ammo. Almost no 9mm but they had 40S&W and 45ACP.

5. pawjr74

pawjr74 New Member

It seems like $0.60 a round is about the normal around here. (Gilbert, AZ) I can't seem to come across any ammo at Walmart. The shelves are still bare. It's the LGS's that seem have the ammo but of course not at the "old" prices.

6. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

the better deals on INET are now at 60c/rd tho many are still 70 or 80+cents.

7. GTX63

GTX63 New Member

Thanks for the headsup. Picked up two this afternoon. I had sent my wife out this weekend to grab some if she saw them on the shelf. She bought Promags instead...oy.

8. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

Wally World is tough, because they're currently the #1 resource for the GunBroker hustlers in many parts.

My local Walmart stocks ammo every day at 7am. I went by there for the first time in several weeks, at 7am last Thurs. Walked in, and there's already a dozen people waiting in sporting goods. I asked a woman in line, and she says it's the same bunch there every day (who knows how early #1 in line showed up). Anyway, a couple minutes later the clerk comes wheeling his cart'o'ammo down the aisle, stating he has 556, 9mm, 40sw. The 556 is 55gr Winchester FMJ, for $12.99 per 20. That's about when I chuckled and left before the first guy had even checked out. And then I bought some PMC from my LGS for $9.99 a couple hours later. They had it hidden in the back where the gougers couldn't see it.

The point is, there are a lot people who are doing their best to keep the market stressed. Why? Because it's putting easy money in their pockets. Not hard to see why they do it...make the rounds in the morning, gobble up what they can, and probably make $20-200 a day for 2-3 hours of minimal effort. The 22lr situation is sillier still.

9. MrPEZO

MrPEZO New Member

Great post Sweeper sad but true.

Friday botach.com had pmags in stock GEN3 black no window for $14.20 no tax free shipping. I got 2!

10. Bravo_Sixx

Bravo_Sixx New Member

Great price ... I already have 18 PMAGS but good for you and thanks for the info!

11. 70cuda383

70cuda383 Member

I've still got PMags on order with someone. Primary maybe? I know it wasn't West Fork

whoever it was that had listed on their website "we are not jacking our prices, we will take your backorder, you WILL eventually receive the mags you order unless Congress bans 30-round magazines, you will NOT be charged until your order ships"

been so long ago that I ordered them I don't even remember who I placed the order with, but since I'm not out any money, I'm not too worried about it.

Part of me wonders if the orders were finally cancelled with no notice, or if someday 3 years from now I'll get a surprise package in the mail with 2 magazines in it!

12. MrPEZO

MrPEZO New Member

18 that's impressive. My total is now 6!

13. russ

russ New Member

Between what I had and what I've acquired in the last 6 months, I'm right around 35 between 5.56 and 7.62 pmags (including the 17 from the Boulder Airdrop). Most I paid for any of them was $20 shipped for some windowed gen 2's. I have seen several places in the last 2 weeks with pmags in stock at regular retail prices.

14. aandbdavis

aandbdavis New Member

If you need PMAGS, call Kyle at MAC Pro last I checked, they had a ton! Find them on Facebook (Martial Arms Concepts) or 417 501-6670. Martialarmsconcepts@gmail.com

15. LandMonster

LandMonster New Member

I picked up 3 boxes of Tulamo 223 for $15 Monday. I about died.

16. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Pmags are not for AK's and SKS ... am I wrong believing this? :confused:

17. Quentin

Quentin New Member

I've only seen 5.56/.223 in Walmart once this year and that was the Independence 5.56 Israeli stuff. And that's the only ammo I've bought since Nov. Glad I stocked up last year but I still have to ration this year.

18. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

I have 60-100 higher end mags. Honestly, it's hard to narrow it down at any given moment. A few weeks ago I probably had 150, and the extras were sold for well under $20 per.

Look, PMags are great. It's perfectly fair to label them as 'the stardard' by which so many others are measured. But Lancers are at least as good (arguably better; equal or better in my opinion), Troys and TangoDowns are certainly in the ballpark of similar quality. And aluminum GI mags are pretty darn reliable. Buy extra mags (and ammo, parts, etc) when the price is right.

I'm a big fan of PMags. If I can get them at a fair price right now, I buy them. If I can't I buy some of the other mentioned options. I'm loving Lancer right now.

19. aandbdavis

aandbdavis New Member

I believe Magpul is just now starting to get into the AK business, but I don't know if they have actually started making them yet.

20. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

I hadn't heard this, but that would seem like a pretty smart move.