Pmags

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by gunnut07, Mar 1, 2013.

1. gunnut07

gunnut07 New Member

Hey CTD has 30 rnd pmags in stock if you want to pay $90 EACH.

It is one thing to let people bid a mag up that high but to be buying them by the pallet for $15 each then marking them up that much. This is sad.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/MAG-074

I mean Bass Pro Shops (One of the highest price places out there) has them listed for $19.99 Midwayusa has them for $12.50.

2. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton New Member

I doubt they are paying $15 each. Manufacturing costs didn't change. Just stock availability.

3. InDefenseofLiberty

InDefenseofLiberty New Member

I won't be buying any magpul products as long as they continue to sell to govt and LEO's in occupied territories like NY.

If the people can't use them to defend themselves why the hell should leo's need them?

4. Mdrums

Mdrums New Member

Local store in Tampa just got in 500 pmags...$22 each. I'm seeing the prices on mags come down.

5. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

CTD is up to their normal price gouging tactics. I gues the "dirt" they are cheaper than is actualy GOLD DUST!!

I will never buy anything from them again!

6. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Send them an e-mail and let them know your level of disgust at their price gouging.

7. clearsights

clearsights New Member

You do realize they are planning on leaving CO because of the recent anti-2nd amendment changes and they are offering CO customers free shipping on any Mags ordered so they can pick some up before the changes?
    They have been one of the companies fighting along side of the citizens.
    Focus that energy towards the lawmakers.

8. e43jimmy409

e43jimmy409 New Member

They put on their facebook page tonight that they would not be selling to LEO's in ban states.

9. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Ya know, we have a political forum for this kind of commentary.

10. austin92

austin92 New Member

CTD can fist themselves lol

11. xRacerX75x

xRacerX75x New Member

They said they wouldn't until they could set up a program in which the LEO in ban states would have to promise to defend the constitution before purchasing gear. An interesting statement if you ask me.

12. JonM

JonM Moderator

If you want to discuss activism by magpul please start a post in the activism section.

13. InDefenseofLiberty

InDefenseofLiberty New Member

Sorry, but if i was about to do business with a 2A company I would want to make sure their stance wasn't wavering in the face of profits.
    That's why I only dropped the line about Magpul and didn't go on a rant. It's then on the purchaser to follow up.
    No hijacking intended.

14. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

CTD is just plain dirty. I'd imagine their cost is a lot closer to $8 per than $15. They no longer have any access to my bank account, due a track record and reputation they have earned time and again. Let's just say if some dude named "CheaperThanDirt" was standing in your vicinity, it would be an extremely poor idea to blindly turn your back on him. They clearly have no intention of deserving the business of anyone beyond the most ignorant.

My limit on PMags (or similar...Troy, Lancer, TangoDown, etc) in $19.99. That's the max at which I consider ordering, but I feel a lot better at $15 or so.

15. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

+1 The company is taking steps with the civ consumer im mind.

It's great they are doing that but I wonder how many of those mags will end up being sold at CTD prices on the FaceBook trader sites and other online places. No good deed goes unpunished and all...

I much prefer the metal GI mags personally. But they (PMag) are decent.

16. TheSadPanda

TheSadPanda New Member

I got a good laugh out of that. Thanks :)

17. gunnut07

gunnut07 New Member

I asked why they are so expensive vs everyone else on their Facebook page. Went back an hour later poof gone.

I will always buy magpul stuff. They are a stand up company.

18. Camo_Freak

Camo_Freak New Member

Just asking.. Why are they refusing to sell to LEO. they dont make these B/S laws. Most LEO I talk with agree this is B/S.. Just a question, not trying to pisz off people.

19. Speezly

Speezly New Member

My thoughts exactly. Support American companies like Magpul!

20. patyancey

patyancey New Member

CTD is actually paying closer to $7.00 a mag.. I know, a friend of mine that owns a gun store ordered 5000 mags before the school shooting.. and they were 7.14 per mag shipped. Im making a list off all the price raising jack-wagons.. and I will NEVER buy from them again...