Plum crazy lower

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by edwardcrz, Apr 14, 2012.

1. edwardcrz

edwardcrz New Member

What are your views toward this lower?

2. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

I wouldn't, personally, order a polymer lower. Read too much and been told by too many people about their cracking, not having the hammer strike hard enough to ignite a primer and other issues. Better to spend money once and get a solid lower made out of 7150 T6 aluminum than one made of plastic.

3. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Enough complaints about quality and service, figure you would be plum crazy to order one.

4. Brenton92

Brenton92 New Member

Ok guys I have NFA LW-15 lower had it since February and I love it better than my three bushmasters it's is amazingly light and the trigger pull is crisp works great on any upper

5. edwardcrz

edwardcrz New Member

I love my plum crazy too lol

6. Kinetics

Kinetics New Member

Lol so why are you asking us for our views on it than?

7. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

Just built an AR with a Palmetto State Armory upper on top of a Plum Crazy lower. I haven't had any issues with it, but I haven't had it that long. I figured the price was such that I was willing to take a risk on it.

My thoughts:

Trigger is what you would expect of such an inexpensive lower. It will be replaced within the first year.

Not crazy about the stock, but it's just your average run of the mill adjustable stock. It will probably be replaced sometime down the road.

It locked up with the upper with no slop. No complaints at all about fit.

Safety is a little crunchy. There may be better safety switches out there, but not really important in my mind.

Mag release is solid. Magazines lock in place tight. No complaints.

All in all, unless the thing breaks in half, it's a real bargain. If you want to build an inexpensive recreational shooter, I'd recommend it. I would not recommend it if you want to run 3 gun with it or need it in a professional capacity. 10 years from now maybe the track record will be there for that.

8. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

I'm w/ the majority. To many pics of two piece poly receivers for my liking. Maybe as a 7th or 8th AR but not as a primary or even secondary.

9. edwardcrz

edwardcrz New Member

image-2967750749.jpg

That's the plum crazy

10. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

If you are interested in poly lowers, also check out the New Frontier Armory models.

11. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

Yeah, just noticed Joebobs dropped plum crazy in favor of new frontier.

12. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

Two piece Plum Crazy lower:

[​IMG]

13. ScottA

Wish I could remember the thread on here, but I just saw a picture of an aluminum lower which broke in the same spot.

14. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I have always wondered about them , but just not compelled to purchase one . The pic above Im guessing with the castle nut wrench there could have been over tightened or just dropped ? Who knows its another Inet pic that we never have details about . For as cheap as you can buy stripped lowers for and build it yourself , I will stick with a good known forged lower and spend another $80-$100 more than the poly stuff to make it complete and know it will outlast me .

15. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I saw that also and if my mind serves me right it was a bottom of the barrel company also

Found it , it was a vulcan lower

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  16. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

I think its on the first page of the sticky, pictures of roll marks.

17. ScottA

18. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

One broken receiver from one of the worst places imaginable is hardly anything to get excited about.

It looks like the poly was snapped off while tightening a castle nut.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012