Plot be damned, little known but great action movies......give me your best shots!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by AgentTikki, Aug 11, 2012.

1. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Ok guyz I'll start with some great movies that most of you have probably never heard of...

The Man from Nowhere 2010 "Ajeossi" Korean flick with probably the craziest knife fight ever filmed. Extremely violent and gruesome movie, with a plot. Probably the only Korean movie made with a semi hollywood ending. This is sick and twisted. Highly recommended. I can, and have watched the knife fight 100+ times.

The Raid Redemption 2011 A real surprise Indonesian flick for me. Brutal well choreographed action, with the craziest little asian dude since Bruce Lee. Simple plot, but engaging. Lots of ARs for you fan boyz. I can't recommend this movie enough. You really need to check this one out.

Chocolate 2008 Great little thai flick. A nice surprise. A bit over choreographed, but well made. Too violent for the little kiddies, but the plot's really Disney. Toss in a few gangsta gansta Thai lady boyz fer a few laughs and this ones a keeper. Highly recommended for the kungfu action grip.

Anyone got some jewels you can share?

Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
  2. roguestew

roguestew New Member

Oldboy korean movie great story. Lots of action. On streaming netflix.

3. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Old boy I a GREAT MOVIE with a great plot, if you like that, here's a few more Korean movie you might like....

Lady Vengance
    Shiri
    A Bittersweet Memory
    The Chaser (this ones really F'd up)
    A Tale of Two Sisters
    Brotherhood of War
    Bad Guy

The list goes on... I hear they are remaking Old Boy in Hollywood.

4. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I think it was called 13 Samurai. Nope. 13 Assassins, here's the link.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1436045/

I loved this movie, even with the subtitles and ended up buying it. It was AWESOME!

I am the type of guy who will buy a movie for one cool scene, no matter how bad the film is. :(

Ecks vs. Sever is still one of the best action films for cool scenes out there. That movie is just hot chick with awesome gun PR0N!

I still like Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man just for a couple of scenes.

"You know Harley. That gun costs about 5 bucks to fire it. That's 5 bucks a shot"

"Oh yeah, well where are they?"

*bad guys lighting up the entire airplane graveyard and the heroes take off running*

"Over there and they are spending a fortune!!"

Classic!!

Great thread. This should have a very nice set of legs. :D

JD

5. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Man, haven't seen Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man in a while, might just revisit that one!

13 Assassins is a great one as well!

6. PrimePorkchop

PrimePorkchop New Member

Seven Samurai - Seriously one of the greatest movies of all time.

7. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Here's a lil jewel that might have slipped uder ur radar..

Boondock Saints.

8. PrimePorkchop

PrimePorkchop New Member

QFT - Part 2 was awesome as well...and rumors of #3 have the fans in a stir =)

9. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

I heard there was a documentary on the making on the first boondock saints....

10. roguestew

roguestew New Member

I saw the devil is another Korean movie. Very very actioned packed

11. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Just watched Carriers last nite. More dramatic than action. But I really liked it. Made me think the old adage, "Live by the sword, Die by the sword."

12. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

The Boondock Saints series is epic. I thought the second one, when I watched it a second time, was actually a better film. I am not sure how much money it made at the box office, but I am sure it covered on sales because it really is a cult classic that everyone loves.

Serenity is a film that just about everyone here has seen, but it's still awesome. I love that flick. :D

The first Relentless film, while by no means a great film, has a couple of cool fight scenes.

More to follow later upon DVD review. :cool:

JD

13. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I was in high school when Commando came out. Back then I thought it was a great movie. Later I became a roofer doing spanish tile. That is really hard work. I watched it later and saw Arnold running across the roof tops breaking all the tile. It just pissed me off then! LOL.

14. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

The best action scene ever is the first few minutes of Saving Private Ryan. It is also historically accurate. Most of the clips in those first few minutes originated from observed action on Omaha Beach. The end sequences are also full of action, but are the product of the writer's imagination.

15. Rick1967

I watched "ACT of Valor" the other night. I thought that was a truly great movie.

16. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

LMAO!! I loved Commando when it first came out. I watched it again a few years ago and thought "Man, was I ever easily distracted"....LOL

17. Rick1967

It is funny how I will watch an action movie that I liked when I was a kid. I watch the same movie now and wonder "Was I drinking back then or something?"

18. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Ya, to prep for the upcoming remake, I got Total Recall. I'm afraid to watch it tho....some things are best left in the past.....

Meh, its all about the action. Ill take a crack at if not for the some triboob action:rolleyes:.

19. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

QFT!!

Some movies are just SO outlandish that even as an adult I still love them. The Original Flash Gordon recently made a go around as a sub plot in "Ted" - damn that movie was awesome, but awful at the same time... LOL

There is a movie with Ken Wahl, about the time he was doing Wiseguy (awesome series by the way) and it's just horrible, but still awesome to watch. It's called "The Soldier" from like 1980 or '82 and there is one scene where the bad guys assassinate the head of the CIA, or other three letter agency, in a true cool way I had never seen before. It's a train wreck of a good time. LOL

Oh, snap! The Taking of Beverly Hills! Another awful and yet great movie, also with Ken Wahl. I forgot all about that one. I have to go digging in the DVD collection. :D

20. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Taken 2008 I love revenge flicks and this one was compelling. Can't wait for part deux.

Hanna 2011. Very european feel to this one. Great flick with some great action, and pretty good plot.

District B13, District 13 Ultimatum French? Action? French Action? Not pron? Not fru fru? No art? Whaaa? Ya this one is fun. Mindless entertainment. Fast paced... Turn off the brain and flip it into overdrive.

Man I rember the Soldier... kinda. That was like 20+ years ago. Ima have to go revisit that one. Thanks for the suggestion....