Plinkster Mag mod

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by xcid, Mar 27, 2008.

1. xcid

xcid New Member

Got a Mossberg 702 plinkster. love the gun but hate the 10 round capacity mag. Im gonna try and find a way to weld two or three together with a longer spring, or find and already made some what compadable 25 or 30 round mag that can be modified . Any input on why it wont work,or how to make it work is greatly appreciated .

Last edited: Apr 2, 2008
  2. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Well-Known Member

plinkster mag

I would suggest you modify your mossberg plinkster to the marlin 25 round mags as they are redily available.

3. xcid

xcid New Member

could you elaborate on the mod necessary to use which marlin magazine . thanks

4. jmc19Rosw72

jmc19Rosw72 New Member

What would need to be modified to make fit and feed correctly? If there's a mil difference in the size of the mag or in-feed than the round will not chamber correctly (I could be talking out my r tear end here since I only have experience with the M16A2, M204, M249, and M60. I've gone back to to the old method of duct taping two magazines together giving myself a 20 round mag that's easy to carry with a quck change time. Do that with 5 sets of mas and you got 200 rounds.