Plinking with Hi-Point's 4595 .45 ACP Carbine

Discussion in 'Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion' started by duelist1954, May 23, 2014.

1. duelist1954

duelist1954 New Member

It's been awhile since I had the Hi-Point 4595 .45 ACP carbine out for some shooting. A lot of people think that Hi-Points are junk because they aren't prohibitively expensive. But I've owned carbines that cost more than twice as much, that I don't like shooting as much as the Hi-Point 4595. In this video I'm just having some fun plinking around with the Hi-Point Carbine.

The 14-round Mag Pro magazine arrived today. I’ll try to do a video on it soon.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LakCWcjFy0[/ame]

2. Rex in OTZ

Rex in OTZ Active Member

Hi-Point carbines

I would love to hear more about the 4595 carbine, i have a y2k era 995 that held up pretty good so far, i did replace the older style stock, the Hi-Point carbine trigger guard is a area thats not flush with room.
    its a fun economical carbine my family enjoys shooting, since its fairly accurate makes shooting it fun.
    ive tried several brands, weights and bullet styles of 9mm ctgs economy to premium ammo, only had some break in jambs the first box ammo after receiving it.

3. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

You think Pro Mag will come out with a longer ext. Magazine. To me, the 995's only drawback is the 15 Rd Max cap. On the Promags,...but you can actually mount more "After market stuff" then you can with the Kel-Tec,..

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talkh

4. targa

targa New Member

Nice video and review, thanks.

5. plo41510

plo41510 New Member

Love mine, added a barrel shroud, scope and bi-pod. Good to 100yds. Went to the range just this afternoon.... ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1404629398.389574.jpg

6. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

A nice presentation. Thanks!

I have kicked around the idea of buying one of these for a while. You may have just pushed me over the edge. By the way, my wife has a message for you. .i.

7. pat701

pat701 New Member

I had the 9mm carbine, i loved it. The only reason i sold it was because it was a major pain in the ass to clean it.;)

8. DrFootball

I Found one with a Light/Laser combo and a Multi Reticle Red/Green optic for under $400 before the Transfer fee,..gonna see if my Pawn & Gun guy will get it for me and let me lay Away for 30 Days if I put half up front. If I didn't have to get a new Ride next moth if just do it Anyway.....

Sent from my iPhone using CC Firearms Talk

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
  9. plo41510

plo41510 New Member

There is a shop in Florida that will do layaway plans....whatever you want added, they can work into the price. Just google "Hi Point Carbine" for sale in Florida.

10. DrFootball

Edit: it's a 9...

Sent from my iPhone using CC Firearms Talk

11. plo41510

plo41510 New Member

Sharyn Master Sports....ask for Steve.

12. DrFootball

THANKS! Spoke with my Guy about15 minutes ago. I will order it through Gallery of Guns and he is the least expensive Locally. He will Pay It and I can Pay Him Half and he will Hold it for up to 60 days. He also has 2 Charter Arms on Order for me. The Off Duty two tone for my Wife and the Stainless Pitbull 9MM for me,...now if I can Just get one or two of my Collectables sold from my other FFL who i have dealing in that,..I'll be good to go for another year before i get the "I need another gun to play with" Itch....

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk