Please tell me some one can locate this barrel

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Nathantc, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Nathantc

Nathantc New Member

again google imiges had led me down a dead end. it will show me this pic but there is no info on brand or any idea of where it came from.

i want this bad

[​IMG]

2. Nathantc

Nathantc New Member

im planning a 5.45x39 build, so im sharing ballistic data i found

ingnore this just looking for info on the barrel, i ment to put this some where else oops

Last edited: Oct 17, 2011

3. JonM

JonM Moderator

that looks like it would a right b@tch to clean...

4. Nathantc

Nathantc New Member

i love the look of it vs fluting

5. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

6. Nathantc

Nathantc New Member

i think yall posted the same link lol

to bad i cant find a link for the barrel its self on that sight.

7. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Might be a custom job...send them the pic and get a price.

8. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

There is a place that will do soething similar. I have come across it but don't remember what it was called. I do remember where however, m4carbine.net. Do a SEARCH there.

It's a KAC. KAC puts out a kit w/ a matching NightHawk 1911 for a gazillion dollars. They do a couple special runs but sell out quickly. The brake on that barrel is $400+ alone.

9. Nathantc

Nathantc New Member

yeah, i did some reading on that brake, and it doesnt even give a hand job for that price lol. i cant see what that does to be worth $400. guess im a cheap *** but there is no way i would pay that much for any thing on the end of my barrel unless it were a supressor. my flash hider/muzzle brake limit is $150 and that pushing it.

i just like that style of barrel for the looks, i bet its also better than fluting

10. boomenshutzen

boomenshutzen New Member

Interesting to look at, but looks like a God damned nightmare to clean.

11. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

How so? I'm sure the bore is the same as most other barrels :)

12. Blackbeard1718

Blackbeard1718 New Member

I like the Dimpled look. It's Bad-Arsed!

One of our LGS's built an AR for his wife, and had the Barrel sent out to be Dimpled, to shave some weight. I saw it the day he got it back in the shop, and it looked really cool. Compared to an AR he had on the rack, it was indeed somewhat lighter.

I agree..... $400 for a Brake is crazy! Just for the cost of a Brake, you could build half of a New AR!

Cheers!

BB

13. boomenshutzen

boomenshutzen New Member

Touché. Well played, sir.

14. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Doing what I can :D

15. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

That is a new "golf ball' cut that is making the rounds to reduce weight and garner a "cool new look".

There are several companies that will do it as an add on.

Last year Nighthawk Customs was turning out a matching 1911 and AR-15, both of which were decked out with golf ball cuts all over the 1911 frame & slide, and barrel/hand-guard & grip of the AR.

The company that was making the AR was indeed Knight's Armament. You might contact them and see if they did a production run or if this was a one time thing.

JD

Attached Files:

16. Nathantc

Nathantc New Member

OMFG, i wish i had the change to get that combo. thats so damn nice:eek::eek::eek:

17. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

It's nice, but had you bought it you would have paid MSRP plus for the pistol AND paid about $4500 for the AR. :eek:

JD

PS - Yes, I sent an e-mail inquiring about the package as they were only turning out 100 of them but when I got the sticker shock I decided against adding it to the NH collection. :eek:

18. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

But think of the $ it will bring from some rich dude wanting in on the "rare/cool" factor.

If I had the money I would have purchased one and sold it asap.

19. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

True. I think the package was like $8,000 and came with 2 mags for each weapon and a custom cut Pelican case. I can't say I wasn't tempted, but for that kind of money I decided there were other things I needed/wanted.

Like the N.H. AAC and an Osprey Suppessor for the front of it. :D