please help

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by malmason, Mar 3, 2010.

1. malmason

malmason New Member

I am sorry if this sounds silly but i have been shooting .22 rimfire for a while now and need to move to .17 hmr and was looking at the savage 93r17btvs and the anshuts .17hmr can any 1 tell me the best out of the two over all,..... and does any 1 know the difference in the savage 93r17btvs and the 93r17btvlss the two rifles look the same and both have stainless barrels and would be very greatful if any 1 has got any views on all these guns THANKS FOR YOUR HELP, cheers mal.

2. RadioActiV

RadioActiV New Member

the 93R17BTVS is for a right handed person and the 93r17btvlss is for a left handed person. Other than that they are the exact same gun.

3. malmason

malmason New Member

thanks

thanks radio have you got any views on the anshuts v savage mate

4. RadioActiV

RadioActiV New Member

which model anschutz you goin with?

5. malmason

malmason New Member

anchuts

was looking at the anchuts 1517 .17 hmr and even had a look at the cz 452 only because i have a .22 cz and its been a nice gun but really am leaning towards the savage unless other wise persuaded, what do you think mate, cheers mal.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2010
  6. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Well-Known Member

If I had the money, I'd choose the Anschutz over the Savage in a heartbeat. Why get a Chevy when you can get a Mercedes?

7. malmason

malmason New Member

cheers stalkinbear

I know mate i have been told that but i havent seen a anschuts that looks as good as savage mate

8. dteed4094

dteed4094 New Member

Or for the same money for that matter of fact. Hard to beat Savage in preformance for near the same cost. Buy the Savage and some nice glass.

9. malmason

malmason New Member

Thats what i was thinking myself should have around £800.00