Please help with a trade offer

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by jake1, Apr 30, 2014.

1. jake1

jake1 New Member

I am looking for some help on a trade from you glock lovers out there as I have no experience with a glock. The trade is my sig sauer sp2022 which I don't really like bought a year and a half ago for a gen 2 glock 17. The 17 appears to be in good condition but I'm not sure on the value since they are now in gen 4. Any help would bore much appreciated.

2. jake1

jake1 New Member

Pictures of the glock 17 and the sig

Attached Files:

3. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

A used Glock 17, with multiple mags and original case, is probably valued in the $400 range +/-, depending on condition. IMO

4. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Palmetto State is running the SP2022 on sale right now for $350, so shipping and FFL would get you to $400 - $425 on their gun.

Locally the SP2022 is retailing about $525.

5. therukh

therukh New Member

Why is the slide so shiny in your pictures? It might affect the value.

6. jake1

jake1 New Member

Guy had the slide chromed

7. Ez2b

Ez2b New Member

My $0.02 I wouldn't do it because of the chrome

8. jake1

jake1 New Member

Functionality reasons or just looks? I was actually hoping to trade the slide off to someone who would want a chromed one. I Don't really like it because I'm not a flashy guy at all.

9. Ez2b

Ez2b New Member

My concern is with the added thickness and where it rides on the rails and chipping or flaking. Heat should not be an issue though.

But be patient I'm sure somebody else will shine in on with maybe another opinion.
    I've heard of people polishing it . To get the same effect

10. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Look at the edges of the slide very carefully. Chrome (bright nickel) will not adhere to steel. The slide must first be plated with copper and then nickled. If not done right, it will chip off pretty quickly. The tolerances should not be much of an issue.

I just do not care for the 2nd Gen Glocks. No light rail and the crappy finger grooves? Give me a Gen 1 or 3

11. therukh

therukh New Member

Chrome

I know I'd keep my Sig till I could find another Glock. The chrome is a deal-breaker for me and I like the Gen 3's & 4's better. Your Sig is worth more than that 2nd Gen gun since it's been modified. Chromed?! Who would do that to a perfectly good Glock?

12. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

We had a bunch of guys getting their Glocks Electroless (satin) Nickled back in the early 2000's. They were not too bad until you tried to shoot in bright sunlight

13. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

Without seeing both pistols, I cannot be positive. The $$ numbers come close, within 50 or less. The factory mags add up too. If you want something new, like the Glock, and trust the custom finish, ask $75 plus trade, then play by ear.

14. jake1

jake1 New Member

I just got another offer for a gen 3 19. Bought just last year has night sights and a trigger job. Guy wants trade plus $100. I have decided I don't want the gen 2 17 as the more I look at it the less I like it. Just way too flashy for me

15. therukh

therukh New Member

How about an even trade?

16. Quentin

Quentin New Member

That G17 Gen2 probably was a LE trade-in with lots of holster wear. Which might be why the guy had the slide chromed.

I bought a G22 Gen2 LE trade-in a few years ago for $300 and the slide was worn to the white near the muzzle. Otherwise it's a fine pistol and these Gen2 trade-ins are probably worth around $350 or so. Chroming the slide is a waste of money and as others pointed out could affect reliability. I'd pass on that one.

17. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Oh HELL no----- look for another trade !

18. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

I'd go for that- Haggle first of course -
    The 19's are very popualar right now & a great carry gun & it'd be a ez trade if you didn't grow to like it- JIMO

19. jake1

jake1 New Member

Ended up doing a straight trade for a gen 3 19. Feels great in my hands and can't wait to shoot it. Thanks to everyone for their input

20. jake1

jake1 New Member

Here it is.

Attached Files: