Firearms Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Canik TP9 elite sc. when going to put the rounds inside the magazine , I don’t think they are going in correctly. The store owner gave me the correct size and 2 different brand 9mm ruger bullets. Both brands go in the same exact way. I thought the bullets were suppose to line up perfectly with the number count on the outside of the magazine? Anyway I attached a photo to show my problem. Thanks in advance for any advice. - New Gun Owner & Operator

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,316 Posts
Try loading them one at a time, to watch the progression of the indicators as you load round after round. You should see the indicators "light up" as you insert the next cartridge into the magazine. Then, with the next round, the pattern on the indicators should change. (At least, most other pistol mags work that way; don't have a Canik myself, but try it and see.)

·
Premium Member
2,727 Posts
How many do you have in there? Just count them as you load.
Keep in mind the springs are often extremely stiff. You may not be able to load to capacity until you have worked the mag a few times.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How many do you have in there? Just count them as you load.
Keep in mind the springs are often extremely stiff. You may not be able to load to capacity until you have worked the mag a few times.
I have all 12 loaded in. That’s why I felt like something was totally wrong as I was told the bullets middle should be showing behind each hole, however , this almost looks as if nothing is even in the mag but their is.

·
Supporting Member
13,280 Posts

Since the Rounds are staggered in the Magazine only the Hole with the largest number of rounds loaded in the Magazine will show. And as long as you see a portion of the Case that is normal!

·
Administrator
837 Posts
The rounds are not going to stack in two columns. They are going to be offset or in a zigzag pattern. The witness holes are level with each other. That's why the holes on the right don't show the center of the rounds.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Now that this is all cleared up- how do you like that Elite SC?
I have the standard Elite and it is one fantastic shooting gun. I also have the TP9 DA and the C-100 (Tristar-made by Canik). I doubt I'll ever sell one of my Caniks- I'll just let whoever is left fight over them.
I have never had a single issue with any of my Caniks.
P.S. You are aware there is a Canik forum arent you?- Forum Index - CANIK FANATIK FORUM

1 - 9 of 9 Posts