Playing with a slow motion camera

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by docpadds, May 14, 2010.

1. docpadds

docpadds New Member

We just got a camera at work that can do slow motion, so of course we want to use it for gun videos :)

Literally we just set it up on a tripod, aimed it and hit record, then took a few shots with a 1911-22 and an XD9sc. The 1911 is in 210fps and the XD is in 1000fps.

Going forward we are looking to actually use the camera for serious purposes and showing the workings of various firearms etc..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKtbMrSrppY"]HERE[/ame] is the video.

2. Mack Bolan

Mack Bolan New Member

wow...awesome.....so much what i would love to do- film a bunch of firearm related things in slow motion...

thats great for showing how your hand technique recovers or works as well...

that is cool!!:D

3. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

That is great, I have the Same Grill.:D Actually, the video is sweet I enjoy the Slo Mo vids. Do some more.

4. docpadds

docpadds New Member

We will be and with some actual time spent setting up etc. Going to try and get a 1911 from all manner of angles too.

5. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

6. GrumpyPine

GrumpyPine New Member

Very cool.. any plans for doing shots of target impact? Would love to see how different rounds react when hitting various materials. I know there are vids out there that show it, but hey, it's more fun when you get to film it yourself!

7. docpadds

docpadds New Member

We do have plans, the way we shoot there is a protective barrier that the camera can hide behind next tot he targets, so they will be filmed :0

8. Flat4sti

Flat4sti New Member

Ok now, funs over. Now go film some busty chick running down the beach. No, wait better yet. Hot chicks firing big guns!!!

9. docpadds

docpadds New Member

Well really it think it a valid business expense to hire some models and make them shoot the guns :)

10. Flat4sti

Flat4sti New Member

mind me asking what kinda camera it is?

11. docpadds

docpadds New Member

Its a Casio EX-FS10 , cheap and cheerful camera but the slow motion is a bonus feature. They have a varying range of them price and ability wise.

12. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Pretty sweet, cant believe the wrist jerk with the sub-compact.

13. docpadds

docpadds New Member

Thats mainly bad technique :)