Plastic pasta spoon dangerous weapon

Discussion in 'Other Weapons' started by Ranger-6, Jun 10, 2012.

1. Ranger-6

Ranger-6 New Member

A Glendale woman was arrested after reportedly throwing hot pasta shells at her boyfriend and repeatedly hitting him with a spoon.

About 6:30 p.m., police responded to a call of a family fight at the home of 28-year-old Rachelle Shedis and her boyfriend, Jeremy Smith. When police arrived, they saw Smith had visible scratches and burns on his cheeks and forehead.

According to court reports, Smith said he and Shedis got into a verbal argument regarding Shedis' employment at a strip club. Smith said Shedis then threw hot pasta at him with a plastic kitchen spoon and then began hitting him in the face with it.

Police arrested Shedis on suspicion of domestic assault and disorderly conduct. She was taken to Glendale City Jail.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/artic...d-assault-pasta-spoon-abrk.html#ixzz1xPX0O800

Attached Files:

2. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

What? An attempted relationship with a stripper ended badly? Who'da thunkit? I have yet to see one go well.

3. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

and a reformed stripper won't take her clothes off for anyone!:eek::D

4. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

She should go to jail. If a man had done that to a woman he would go to jail.

5. Axxe55

male or female, abuse and assault are the same and should be punished as such. she may have thought that because she was a woman that she could do it and get away with it. my first wife assaulted me once with a whiskey bottle and it required a trip to the ER and 14 stitches in my scalp. that was the night i packed and left when i got home from the ER because she was a mean drunk when she didn't get her way. i knew that i could have hurt her if i had so chose to defend myself, but also knew that by doing so could have had bad results for me. so i just swallowed my pride and kept my anger in check and moved on. i feel i did the right thing in spite of all that happened and was the best choice available at the time.

6. Vincine

Vincine New Member

Pasta spoons don't injure people. People injure people.

7. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Sure, just a pasta spoon now. But next week, it will be a cheese grater, and then a garlic press. Before you know it, the poor schmuck will be al dente.

8. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

We must increase the price of pasta immediately. Contact the epa and get them to protest against the use of angel hair and regulate pasta spoons through taxes and license requirements.

9. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

That is exactly why I don't permit pasta spoons in my house. Those things should be regulated by the government and only those with special permits and training should be allowed to have one in their home.

In all seriousness, though, I hope the woman was arrested. What she did was wrong and she shouldn't be allowed to get away with assaulting her boyfriend.

And Axxe55, you did the right thing and handled a bad situation very well. Congratulations on rising above her abusive actions.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2012
  10. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Obama in. Pasta spoons out.
    We should march on bed bath and beyond.

11. Vincine

Vincine New Member

Anyone else have to show a store clerk their ID and/or say who the pasta shells they were buying were for?

12. Axxe55

thank you WOC, i did what i felt was the right thing to do. my father taught my brother and i to never put our hands on a woman in anger, no matter how badly you want to. i won't lie to you and say i didn't want to hit her, because i did want to. but i didn't and just walked away from the situation and went on to better things. funny thing is i found out from a mutual friend a couple of years ago, she was on probation for her third DWI and lost her job!

13. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

What :eek: You mean you didn't stay with her? :D Sorry axxman I couldn't resist.

14. Vincine

Vincine New Member

While it no longer surprises me, it still find it astonishing that there are whole cultures, let alone individuals, that have the arrogance to think it’s acceptable to physically abuse others. And then I remember it’s within my own lifetime that domestic violence wasn't considered a serious offense by people in this country.

15. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

This may bother people but I don't agree with the whole you don't hit women thing. I agree you shouldn't abuse women in any way. But in a world where women want equality. I say you wanna hit like a man you better be ready to defend yourself like one. If I make a wise comment or something and get slapped for it fine. I had it coming. If you haul off and punch me in the nose, hit me with a whiskey bottle or kick me in the groin (potentially lethal) I'm gonna lay you out whether you have a d!ck or not.

16. Axxe55

gee RJD, let me think that one over for a minute. hmmm, a boozy ex-wife, on probation for DWI, no job, living in a run down trailer, probably on welfare and food stamps, and was stupid mean when she was drinking, vs. mu current wife who very seldom drinks anymore, treats my very well, goes to work everyday, never been in trouble with the law. dnag your right RJD, i should have stayed with the first wife! LOL!:eek::D

thing is, that was over twenty years ago and looking back now i can actually laugh and joke about it.:D

17. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Not to mention if you had hit her back and was convicted of domestic violence I don't think you'd be on this gun forum right now because you probably wouldn't be able to own any guns.

18. Axxe55

very true WOC. my first wife was a learning experiance. i learned what i didn't want a wife to be!i don't Moon over it anymore,:eek:

19. mrm14

mrm14 Active Member

When I was in the dating strippers phase of my life I found that they were mostly only good for two things. Pasta or being normal wasn't either of the two things they were good for.:D