Plastic..Money...

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by LONGHAIR, Nov 16, 2011.

1. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

Watching ..CBS..Nightly News...They said Canada is making all there paper money plastic by 2014...Starting with $100.00 dollar bills...Try putting a bunch of them in your wallet...A few credit cards is bad-anuff........:mad:....

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

cool, easier to choke loggerhead turtles

3. MrWray

MrWray New Member

lmao......

4. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Damn canadians!

5. trip286

trip286 New Member

How will the rich folks wipe their butts? Has any one else here ever tried to use plastic for that? I'm here to tell you, it doesn't work.

6. ledhed

ledhed New Member

I haven't used plastic but one time I was hunting with no leaves around. Had to use twigs. Very unpleasant

7. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I don't get it. :confused:

8. trip286

trip286 New Member

I just find a ditch with a little water in it. But that's way off subject.

9. orangello

orangello New Member

Just another way for "the man" to keep your spending more traceable by making debit/credit cards comparatively easier. And let's not forget what most plastics are made from...yup, good ole mooslim oil.
    :rolleyes:

10. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

WOC- reference to enviro ads with turtle choking on plastic bags- floating bags look like jellyfish the turtle eats. Plastic bag, plastic money.

If you are gonna feed turtles $100 bills, can I watch ? (Watch them throw a net over you and haul you away)

11. trip286

trip286 New Member

While I throw a net over the money.

12. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

There are rumors that with the new currency (going back many years) they can scan you and know exactly how much cash you are carrying. To the dollar. I do know for a fact that the currency counting machines can count the money without it being sorted. There is something in the individual bills that tells the machines what the bill is worth.

By the way, our current US "paper" currency is actually cotton cloth and plastic, more or less.

Choke on that Turtle!

13. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

There are thin strips in twenty dollar bills and as you drive by a a scanner they can count how much money is in that car or on that person....

14. neilage66

neilage66 New Member

I've said before and I'll say again...:D
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WoDhyJUY2o"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WoDhyJUY2o[/ame]

15. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

Wait until you send a wad through a wash and dry cycle. :eek:

16. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

17. Yunus

Yunus New Member

18. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I dont know about the scanner part, i think thats jist a myth.. But $5 bills and above have the strips in them

19. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

I heard that DWI check-points they have scanners that tell how much money is in the car...:confused:....:confused:....:confused:.....

20. orangello

orangello New Member

ThinkGeek :: RFID Blocking Wallet

DIFRwear: Faraday Caged Apparel

Tinfoil Up!

Back when i was a gaming tax auditor and was required to observe the soft count process, they told me the machines were visually scanning the outside of the bill in the big counting/sorting machines, of course that has been almost ten years. There was a bit of a race to see whose cage would find the first of the then "new" one hundred dollar bills, and it only took a couple of weeks, IIRC.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2011