Plastic Fantastic?

Discussion in 'Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion' started by Shihan, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

What you think about this?
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLy3xABAsEc]YouTube - Plastic Fantastic[/ame]

2. diggsbakes

diggsbakes New Member

The video does a good job of selling it. I'm definitely interested and look forward to hearing more about it, but $2500 seems a little bit excessive for a plastic framed gun. I guess I'd like to know what sets it apart from some of the other makers other that being lighter, as that is not an issue with myself when choosing firearms.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2010

3. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Ahaaa..........a Sig P250 long gun????

4. JonM

JonM Moderator

nice cartoon but its a side folding stock. those are clumsy and often throw the weapon off balance. never fired a side folding stocked weapon that felt right.

5. diggsbakes

diggsbakes New Member

Jon, the video shows the stock as being removable and can be switched from telescoping to side-folding.

I think the question here is: What does everyone think about a plastic framed AR15?

6. canebrake

canebrake New Member

[​IMG]

7. crockett007

crockett007 New Member

I think it is really cool. Polymer technologies aren't coming, they're here. A gas piston modulated design is what will replace the M16 eventually IMHO. I am looking forward to the civilian version coming to market.

regards

Steve

8. janikphoto

janikphoto New Member

very much like the sig...

9. sgtdeath66

sgtdeath66 New Member

id buy one if i had the money hahahaha thats always the catch tho :D

10. Mauser_man

Mauser_man New Member

Hey too each his own. I'm not a fan of the "ninja" gun look I prefer wood and steel. I'll stick to my SKS and AK.

11. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

not a big polymer/plastic fan. But after using the M-16 for 8 years I see the use for it and he reason for having it. You can stick to your commie spray and pray stuff. I like accuracy and this platform will blow your commie junk out of the water.

12. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

;)

No junk, no fight! I still like my AK74.

13. Mauser_man

Mauser_man New Member

In fail to see how an SKS is spray and pray considering it is not a fully automatic weapon. It is the man not the gun that wins combat. If you like the ninja look and my comment offended you I apologize but that is what I think it looks like. Is it crap? Probably not. It is probably a damn fine crafted rifle and probably works great. My comment was about LOOKS not FUNCTION. PLus I personally feel secure using my SKS and AK because I've used them for a LOOOOONG time and i trust them. I'm not a fan of fixing what isn't broken.

So if you like the look and all that GREAT!!!! More power to you. But me personally I like what I trust...Wood and steel.

14. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

I shot a Russian SKS for years. It is a fine rifle, as is my AK74. I just wish I could reach out to 300+ yards w/ one and have pin point accuracy. Don't get me wrong the SKS is a great 200 meter rifle. I have a Bushmaster DCM that I bought just after Clinton took office. I am still waiting for some kind of failure. But, it has been 100% reliable. Not as easy as an AK to clean mind you, but still an impressive rifle. That spring twang in the buttstock does bug me still. We can do an East/West match when we go shooting. I have both in bolt guns and semi's. JP

15. diggsbakes

diggsbakes New Member

You haven't shot too many AKs have you? Sure its not that accurate, but that wasn't what it was was intended for. The AK's beauty lies within its simple, rugged, reliable design. Those with experience using the AK 47 (or 74) know that although you can't print well on paper it will still "hit stuff" and is a very effective weapon in an almost magical way.

I won't claim much experience with an AR, but I'm sure they are great in their own way.