Plains Rifle Arrives

Discussion in 'Blackpowder & Musket' started by markerdown, Sep 1, 2009.

1. markerdown

markerdown New Member

So my Lyman GPR was on backorder, ETA was 3 weeks. A month anda half goes by, I give ImpactGuns a jingle to check on the status. The customer service rep looks up my order, then tell me 6-8 weeks backordered. I'm bummed. Next day I get an email with shipping info and it arrived last nite :D Bada bing!!

It's a plains rifle .54 cal, it sure is sweet. Now I need mother nature to back off the desert heat and blow out all this smoke from the CA fires and I can go shootin'. That was the last BP gun on my bucket list :) I'll post up some pics later this week..............markerdown

2. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

You're gonna like that GPR, they're great rifles.

3. markerdown

markerdown New Member

I had the GPR out next to my TC hawken. I really like the clean look of the GPR, but the wood grain on the TC is strikingly awesome :D markerdown

4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Great. I'm looking forward to some pics.

5. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

Congrats! Can't wait to see the range report. I always wanted a Lyman BP rifle.

6. markerdown

markerdown New Member

Ok here is my first pic attempt. WTF happened to my flash? I have no idea
    The .54 GPR is on top, .50 TC Hawken on bottom................markerdown

[​IMG]

7. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

Beautiful! I always liked the dark stain Lyman uses on their GPR. Now all you have to do is take it off the bed and bring it to the range!:D

8. markerdown

markerdown New Member

Yeah, I'm just waitin for the weather to cool down a bit :D.....................markerdown

9. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Enjoy that rascal. :)