Places to shoot in or near Cook County

Discussion in 'Illinois Gun Forum' started by ralphmtz_94, Dec 4, 2012.

1. ralphmtz_94

ralphmtz_94 New Member

I have an AR15 and prefer to shoot bottleneck ammo. A lot of the shooting ranges only allow straight wall. Anyone know of any indoor shooting range where i can shoot bottleneck? I do not mind shooting outdoors but sometimes with the weather I would like to shoot indoors. Preferably in or near the Leyden Township area.

2. mybigguns

mybigguns New Member

Article 2 in Lombard isn't all that far from you

3. magnumman

magnumman New Member

4. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

Alot of indoor ranges are only 100 feet and shooting an AR would be useless. Also, the indoor ranges will let you shoot up to a certain caliber. There is a outdoor range in Indiana called Willow Slough that has 120 yard range and about a 30 hour more in Jasper another outdoor range of 200 yards, but I don't know the name of that one.

5. ralphmtz_94

ralphmtz_94 New Member

Ok I think I'll check out Article 2. Thanks

6. downsouth

downsouth New Member

7. Jtelli71

Jtelli71 New Member

+1 on Article 2. I shoot there every week. Lots of AR's getting shot there. I was there last week and a guy two stalls down from me was shooting a 460 sw mag. Wow was that LOUD! It's a decent place. Prices on guns there are way high, but the staff are pretty cool.

8. JD1969

JD1969 New Member

I'll say Article 2 as well. they even let me shoot my black powder stuff there.

9. gvw3

gvw3 New Member

Article 2 is your best bet around here.

10. beastmode986

beastmode986 New Member

There's another one I recently went to. It was by a bus place, I forgot the name. Pretty sure it was maxxon. Prices are reasonable, nice folks, helpful and knowledgeable as well. Shotgun ammo seemed high priced though. I was shooting there for about an hour with my mom. Surprisingly enough they were selling a browning 1919 in semi auto which was pretty cool. Good selection of firearms for such a small store.

11. bhee321

bhee321 New Member

Watch out at maxxons. I've heard of people getting robbed as they come out for their firearms..

12. CGS

CGS New Member

I generally will only function check an AR indoors when I have built up a new one or need to site in a red dot or something. Then I take it outdoors for some practice. Generally speaking I do my indoor shooting at Maxons in Desplaines, and will go to Bristol in WI for shooting up to 200 yars. McMillers in Eagle WI has up to 300 yards but is a drive.

There really is no good place to shoot rifle IN Cook county that I know of, no matter where you want to go, Racine WI, Aurora Sportsman, ISRA, it's going to be a DRIVE from cRook county.

I know Maxons has been broken into a few times but have never ever heard of anyone getting robbed for their guns outside the store.