Firearms Talk banner

Piston fire uppers help

782 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Cages2Clouds 
#1 ·
Hello, so I'm in the market for my first 5.56 rifle and have all but decided on the Sig MCX. I love how easily the caliber can be changed and the fact that it's piston fire so the wide variety of stocks available can be folded as well, not to mention the ergonomics/sturdiness/weight etc. However due to the price I'm curios about buying a AR 15 upper that is piston fire. I'm new to the inner workings of firearms so Google searching the criteria has left me unsure of what I'm looking at and could use some advise on uppers/ corresponding lowers that will work. Looking for a legal rifle length barrel 16/16.5" with a keymod or similar rail that goes up to the end of the barrel or close to it and is piston fired so I can gold the stock and still fire it like the Sig MCX, FN 16s, etc. Etc. As far as the lower goes I'll most likely be putting a magpul pistol grip on it and a UBR stock with a preferably easy to change folding stock adapter so I can change the stock with ease if I so desire

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.