Pistol permit

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Sicilian13, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Sicilian13

Sicilian13 New Member

One more week till I have my interview to get my pistol permit, anyone have any advice for the interview and what should I expect???

2. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

I dont know how they do it ware you are from. When I got mine I walked in gave them $20, 2 letters of recombination ,proof of employment, and my high school diploma. They gave me some paperwork it took me 5min to fill out then turned it in. 15 min later they called me up to take my picture. 5 min later they gave me my LTC and a paper saying what states recognize a Alabama permit and said see you in a year to renew. In and out about 40 min.

3. hockeyjr1

hockeyjr1 New Member

I hate u... Lol my permit will take 6 months after I turn 21 in October... Ohh yeah and it's a target and hunting only permit too.. Can't even carry it around.. :(

Put a sign in your front yard that reads "Gun Free House" & see where the criminals go.

4. PlaysWithZombies

PlaysWithZombies New Member

Pretty much the same here in pa. Our permits only have to be renewed every 5 years though :D

5. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

That sucks I got mine the day I turned 21 and never leave home without my gun.

6. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

We don't need to go in to renew ours we can mail it in a month in advance if we won't. I would just rather go in so I know it is done.

7. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Don't seem too eager.

Be calm, and polite.

Remember, you are being evaluated as to

whether you are mature and responsible

enough to carry a loaded, concealed

weapon, in an area which more than

likely is anti-2A.

Don't rant or get emotional about gun rights.

Be sure to be well groomed, and wear nice

clothes. (casual is OK, but be somewhat

conservative)

Be positive and upbeat, and try to give the impression that

your life is considerably more than having a CCW.

It will look good if you are gainfully employed, own and drive a

car, and are in some sort of a relationship.

Don't volunteer TMI, answer fully, but be brief.

Remember you want to leave a lasting good impression, and

a dull, less-remembered interview may be better than

a sharp, memorable interview which creates a bad vibe with

your interviewer.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
  8. UrbanNinja

UrbanNinja New Member

Mine was issued through Philadelphia. Took almost 8 weeks to get approval after my application. My wife had hers issued in Montgomery county and got it within few days.

9. BigB

BigB New Member

I'm in Wisconsin, mine just came in the mail today! I mailed out the application and $50 last Friday, good for 5 yrs!!!!

Psalm 82:4 Rescue the weak and the needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked.

10. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

I pitty your poor blue staters with bad gun laws.

WA is a blue state but other that prohibiting full Autos, it's not to bad. They even exempt CCW HOLDERS from the Gun Free school zones "if your picking up or dropping off your child".

Tack

11. Redd

Redd New Member

Polite,Patient and persistant.

12. nineguy

nineguy New Member

I live in Washington. We dont do interviews. Just fill out an application and give them $55 and fingerprints and within a few weeks you reveive it in the mail.

13. PlaysWithZombies

PlaysWithZombies New Member

Yeah philly is a little more strict than the rest of PA. Got mine in wellsboro, walked into the courthouse with my application and two character references, and $25 and 15 minutes later i walked out with mine

14. Sicilian13

Sicilian13 New Member

Thanks for the help...I'm in long island and its only a home and range premit not a carry...l wish...lol

15. Sicilian13

Sicilian13 New Member

All I was told was proof of where u live, driver license and $94 money oder

16. REDMIST89

REDMIST89 New Member

No interviews here,im in adams county PA..filled out the form at the sheriffs,put down 2 refences n waited 3 weeks paid my $20/got a pic taken and got it that day..but good luck OP,hope it goes well and you get it,i used to be a NYer(upstate NY) and never even bothered to try getting mine up there,too much hassle to get a CCW

17. therewolf

therewolf New Member

As in LI, NY?

At your age, I wouldn't get my hopes up, till you get your

response in the mail.

If you really enjoy shooting, you may want to consider a state like Texas,

Vermont, Florida, or at least PA.

The only way NY and NJ can justify their oppressive police state is by

disarming the law-abiding public, and arming criminals.

18. PlasticGunner

PlasticGunner New Member

I am from up state NY originally my self, I find it some what funny a lot of the posters here think you are talking about a CCW permit. In NY we need to jump though hoops to get a permit just to own and buy a hand gun. I have lived in Missouri for 5 yrs now and brother this is what I call a free state where I have rights.... I do love my home state of beautiful up state NY, I miss the hunting back home and a lot of other stuff but I will stay out west where the Constitution still mean something... Heck I can even have fireworks on July 4th lol....

Any ways, Good luck and stay safe.

19. felix1904

felix1904 New Member

I live in san diego California. How would I get a ccw?

20. wjnfirearms

wjnfirearms New Member

Here in Butler County, Pa., it's the same that happened to Zombie. The wife and I walked in, filled out the forms, waited a few minutes while the polite secretary ran the Insta-Check, BSd with Sheriff Slupe in the mean, walked out with both of our permits. That is, $40 later for both also. Yeah, most places in Pa. don't suck too badly.

You don't need anything to buy a firearm here in Pa. except picture ID and to be 18 for a rifle/shotgun and 21 for a handgun. You legally don't even have to go through an FFL to buy a long gun here if you find a deal from a private party. That's why people get away with selling rifles at flea markets and such. I get asked all of this from time to time by people looking to get their first handgun and CCW. They often think that you need to get the CCW first before you can even buy it. Several of them have been pretty surprised to find out that you don't have to.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2012