Pistol Pay, new way to buy and sell firearms

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by okdonk, Aug 6, 2012.

1. okdonk

okdonk New Member

2. BillyBoB

BillyBoB New Member

We had our own version of PayPal some time ago. It was called Gunpal. The went under and took off with a million of our money.

3. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

Only problem is the charges:

Credit and Debit Card Transactions:
    For transactions involving payments made using a buyer’s Credit Card or Debit Card (MasterCard, Visa, Discover and American Express based payments), Pistol Pay will charge the buyer 2.7% of the transaction value, and will charge the seller 2.7% of the transaction value, for a total transaction fee of 5.4%.

ACH Transactions:
    For transactions involving payments made using an Automated Clearing House (ACH) direct debit transfer from the buyer’s checking or savings accounts, PISTOLPAY will charge the buyer 1.6% of the transaction value, and will charge the seller 1.6% of the transaction value, for a total transaction fee of 3.2%.

4. Yunus

Yunus New Member

Didn't the owner get sued and then everyone learned he had poor business practices and the escrow money was not protected by corporate shielding?

5. BillyBoB

BillyBoB New Member

I'm not sure about that. All I know is I had like $300 in a Gunpal account. It was cool at first no problems, then just went bad real quick.

6. PistolPay

PistolPay New Member

Hi there Guys, I am the vice president and one of the founders of Pistolpay. I want to say i am a long time shooter as you are and this whole thing came about due to my losing my 3rd paypal account based on suspicion that's all..
    We never hold your money in an account, the only time funds are used is when you actually do the transaction. As for the fee's we are taking more risk and have more security then say PP. Our company which has been in the credit card processing field for over 10 years and we deal with approximately $15 billion in customers money every year with our as single glitch shows we mean business when it comes to protecting our customers. The fee's mentioned are really 2.7 yo each user not any more .. unlike PP where many times you find someone posting the added fee's to cover their cost , this eliminates that need.
    I hope you find our site useful and if you have questions please contact me at customerservice@pistolpay.com

Ira G
    VP of PistolPay

7. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

Ira, thanks for the update but as a business owner if I decided to use pistol pay I would add the 3% to cover the cost. Can you please expand on your statement that is highlighted.

8. PistolPay

PistolPay New Member

that is your choice, as a business person, you will be able to direct the funds directly into your ach at a lower rate of 1.6% which would eliminate the need of increasing the fee's on your end. I hope that answered the question if not email please please..

9. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

It did thanks for your response.

10. PistolPay

PistolPay New Member

all my pleasure sir.. I am glad to help.

11. PistolPay

PistolPay New Member

Guys we are off and running.. even with us still being in Beta , we are getting users everyday.. come give us a try..

12. sniper762

sniper762 New Member

whats wrong with plain old postal m/o's or bank certified checks?

13. hiwall

hiwall Active Member

"whats wrong with plain old postal m/o's or bank certified checks? "

most do not like to wait the for the check or money order to clear(alot of counterfeit checks and money orders). My wells Fargo bank acted like they did not want to deposit some postal money orders I had received. Until I asked them how they could lose anything by accepting them.

14. PistolPay

PistolPay New Member

My own credit union will not accept MO's over $25, there is way too much fraud with them.

15. sniper762

sniper762 New Member

ok......... what is the process (step by step) and how long does it take for a seller to get ACTUALL CASH IN THE HAND using gunpal or pistol pay?

16. hiwall

hiwall Active Member

"ok......... what is the process (step by step) and how long does it take for a seller to get ACTUALL CASH IN THE HAND using gunpal or pistol pay? "

The web site is listed above. Or just use Paypal. I know Paypal and its sister Ebay are anti-gun. But even Ebay knows money talks and now allow most gun items to be sold there. I've bought and sold on Ebay for years(and used Paypal), with no problems. I am not promoting Paypal but they are basically the only game in town. Maybe that will somewhat change with this new Pistolpay.

17. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

You CANNOT use PayPal to buy a gun. Here are some tips for spotting fake money orders https://www.usps.com/shop/accepting-money-orders.htm

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  18. sniper762

sniper762 New Member

you avoided answering my question and i will include using paypal

19. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

I don't think Hiwall speaks for the company and your question was directed towards the company right?

20. sniper762

sniper762 New Member

no........he advocated gunpal and pistol pay as BETTER than postal m/o or cashior checks

my question relates to his comment.