Pistol grip tape

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by wiemers6909, Nov 17, 2012.

1. wiemers6909

wiemers6909 New Member

I bought a Kahr CM40 and the grip is really slippery and everytime I fire the gun it about slips out of my bear claws of hands... Any recommendations on a brand and style of sand grit or rubber

2. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

I've gone to a skate board shop and just bought their grip tape and cut it to size. It works great, but will require changing fairly frequently with a lot of carry and use.

I finally got tired of changing it and stippled my frame.

3. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Try this- Check with a bike shop for a bad bicycle inner tube. Cut a section about 2- 2.5 inches long. Stretch it, slip over the grips. Way back when, this was christened the "Glock Sock". Imitates a set of Hogue grips fairly well.

If it does not work, you are out of a blown out inner tube.

4. wiemers6909

wiemers6909 New Member

Awesome that's great advice ... Ill try both

5. Old_Crow

Old_Crow New Member

Houge makes a slip on grip that is very ergonomic. The Houge slip on grips are under $10. Just slip the grip on - Then trim to fit if needed. Houge makes two sizes of slip on grips.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  6. wiemers6909

wiemers6909 New Member

How do I go about stippiling

7. gunsmoke11

gunsmoke11 New Member

Check out A-Grip. I stuck it on my Glock over 4 years ago and it's as comfortable as hell. It's not like that sandpaper stuff that can rub the skin off your side if you wear your gun under your shirt in the summer. Also, it kinda feels like a suede in your hand and when wet gives even a better grip. Apparently after all these years of much use it holds up well unlike the others that wear off. It's so comfortable I'd hate to ever take it off.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  8. wiemers6909

wiemers6909 New Member

Do you remember the name of the company

9. gunsmoke11

gunsmoke11 New Member

Brooks Tactical System sells AGrip.

10. treehugger49

treehugger49 New Member

You might want to take a look at Talon Grips:

http://talongungrips.com/

I installed a set of these on both my LCP and my XD-40 last year, and they perform well and I've noticed no signs of wear or deterioration. The adhesion is excellent, too.

For a range gun, the granulate texture might be preferred.

In my case, I conceal carry, so the rubber texture works better. The granulate tends to print more and wears on clothing, from what others say.

11. wiemers6909

wiemers6909 New Member

Yea I looked up talon but they don't make them for the CM40

12. gunsmoke11

gunsmoke11 New Member

Did you ever check out the AGrip? If they don't have anything that's pre-cut for your gun they'll send you a strip that you can trim to fit. It's a little pricey for tape, but worth every penny. I know of nothing else to recommend. Good luck finding something to your liking.