Pistol Box 2.0

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by Budasac, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Budasac

Budasac New Member

So I had some time to build a new pistol box. This one is slightly smaller and has a little more time into it. I’m happy with the results, just waiting for a briefcase handle and some rubber feet to finish it off. (And some decals of course. Gotta sticker bomb it a little.)

I think the fingers to hold the pistols are much better on this one as well. Rather then shaping the wooden fingers like I did on the last one I instead used .5” plywood, with rubber matting applied for protection, and then placed a combination of .25” and .5” pieces as spacers between the fingers. With extra spacers this allows me to easily customize the spacing between fingers for different pistols if needed.

Also, instead of latches on each side I installed a keyed lock on the front. I added a magnetic strip as well to hold the extra mags in place. The box was constructed of .5” sanded ply and joined with biscuits every 3”. The drawer was made from some scrap Poplar with Maple splines. I stained it, applied 3 coats of poly, and then some Butcher’s Wax to help protect it from the weather

2. Budasac

Budasac New Member

Pics didn't post the first time.

Attached Files:

3. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

Dude this is freakin awesome!!!

4. Budasac

Budasac New Member

Thanks. Really makes life easy when setting up at the range. No more tripod for my scope either!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Firearms Talk mobile app

5. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

This is gonna be a conversation starter every time you go to the range.

6. shadecorp

shadecorp Active Member Supporter

7. Budasac

Budasac New Member

Thanks guys. I finally got the handle and took the box to the range yesterday. Worked great. Had it loaded with three pistols. A little heavy but manageable. I may add a shoulder strap to to it though.