Pissed

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by fisher79, Aug 6, 2011.

1. fisher79

fisher79 New Member

Ok I went the gun show and bought myself a new Remington 1911 R1 that's all fine and dandy. Much to my dismay they put a friggin hold on my gun all my fun I was gonna have today went down the crapper:(

2. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Well for what its worth, I shot my R1 today.

It ran flawlessly. [​IMG]

3. fisher79

fisher79 New Member

Cane for some reason that just don't help much at all. Glad one of us got a little range time thought just wish it could have been myself.

4. fisher79

fisher79 New Member

Witch one did you buy? Was thinking about getting the centennial edition but went for the green frame instead.

5. Dennis845

Dennis845 New Member

Relax... I had fun for you today shooting my newest 1911's. Say thank you :cool:

6. fisher79

fisher79 New Member

Haha you guys have fun!

7. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Why didn't you use the gun show loophole? :rolleyes:

8. fisher79

fisher79 New Member

What might that be?

9. JonM

JonM Moderator

according to the liberal group think the gun show loophole is a private citizen going to a gunshow and automagically bypassing ffl rules. just walking in the door exempts one from batfe authority.

where ya been

10. fisher79

fisher79 New Member

Oh wow sounds like a load of BS to me seeing as how a good 95% of the sales are done by FFL dealers.

11. JonM

JonM Moderator

it is but they still believe no one is required to fill out the correct transfer forms regardless of what anyone tells them.

12. fisher79

fisher79 New Member

Some of them need to go to one and try to buy a handgun just to see how far they get!

13. ZombieKiller83

ZombieKiller83 New Member

Now why would they do that when they can just take another anti-gun snob's word for it :rolleyes:

14. fisher79

fisher79 New Member

Haha very true:) I guess life is to damn busy to think for yourself. Let me guess at a gun show we've all got loaded guns at the ready,if they try to check us out or don't give us a good deal we hold them at gun point? It's sad you can me so smart yet still a retard! :0

15. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Sadly these days that true :(
    Seems the "gud ole days" of regualar folks gettin togeather & gun trading are about gone :mad:

But as to the gun hold- Why do you think it was "held"?
    Was done once to me too - was told it was because it was on a busy Saturday & i have a very common name? You never really know :confused:

16. nhsuper44

nhsuper44 New Member

I have had my last 3 pistols delayed for whatever reason. Sucks big, I feel your pain.

17. whtsmoke

whtsmoke New Member

I hear you about the holds, i bought one from bass pro after the first of the year and they put a hold on it, then after that i bought one at the lgs and they palced a hold on it, saturday i picked another one up and it went thru. i think its the mood the person is in that they talk to.

18. nhsuper44

nhsuper44 New Member

I think ours in NH is run by the NH state police, long guns through feds in VA.

19. utf59

utf59 New Member

Glad you're back on the range!

20. fisher79

fisher79 New Member

I'm planing concealed handgun liscence with it but a few dealers told me in Texas if you have it that will put an end to the whole waiting process. I'm still waiting by the way and the gun show is over so now I get to drive 3 hours to pick it up on my next days off. :(