Pipe smoking

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by indy36, Jul 31, 2013.

1. indy36

indy36 New Member

Anyone here smoke a pipe? Is there an age minimum for that? (I joke but all pipe smokers I know are over 60 and have a beard). Do you use the Sherlock Holmes curved style or straight style? What is your favorite pipe tobacco? Do you inhale?

2. trip286

trip286 New Member

In order...
    1. occasionally
    2. 18 to buy tobacco. I'm 28 and have a beard, though many people for some reason think I'm nearly 50.
    3. Straight stem.
    4. Largo natural. Cheap and great tasting mild flavor.
    5. I ain't Clittin. What's the frakkin point if you don't inhale?

Build your own and enjoy!

3. bigjim

bigjim New Member

No, Yes, No, OHM Pipe Tobacco.

I use cigarette tubes and roll my own.

Jim

4. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

Used to when I was younger but switched to cigars.
    And yes, I inhaled!

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

if i was going to smoke it would be a pipe. i love the smell of pipe tobacco burning

6. CourtJester

CourtJester Well-Known Member

I did when I was younger from time to time but not a great deal. About from the age of 16 to late 20s. At some point in my late teens I got a bong bong and used the pipe less. As I reached my late 20's, I moved up in my career and decided to stop smoking.

7. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

I've smoked a pipe off and on over the years but always go back to cigars.

8. trip286

trip286 New Member

I prefer a pipe over cigars. I get a smoother, milder smoke from it.

Many cigars aren't properly stored, which leads to a harshness similar to a camp fire. My pipe tobacco is somehow always "just right".

9. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i had an uncle that smoked a pipe and i liked the smell of pipe tobacco. i tried it a few times, but just never got the hang of it.

10. txpossum

txpossum New Member

I used to smoke a pipe exclusively, but over the last few years cigars have taken over. I still smoke a pipe occasionally, and I like a Black Cavendish mix. At one time I had eight or nine pipes, but am down to three now. I'm not sure what happened to the others.

11. TekGreg

TekGreg Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I've had a beard since high school and the only thing I've ever been tempted to smoke is a pipe. Coincidence or conspiracy? I think that the Liberal Democrats are somehow responsible...

12. txpossum

txpossum New Member

(Hhahahahahahahaah . . . . our evil plan is working . . . )

13. unclebear

unclebear New Member

I smoke a pipe when I'm fishing, I love the smell of apples pipe tobacco. It's just one of the things that I do, it's kind of a tradition. I have a beard every once in a while depends if it's winter or summer really.

I smoke a corn cob pipe I usually just make one really simple to do.

14. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

I have a couple and I do use them from time to time. Not as much as I used to. I use Smokin' G MTL and/or MUL tobacco for pipes and to make my cigs. ;)
    Got me one of those faincy cig makin machines. Chem free tobacco and I smoke less..Go figger:cool:

I get my tobacco and stuff at smokers outlet. Shipping is a little rough but I can get exactly what I want. Sometihng I can not do at any tobacco store in my area.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  15. sbeezy

sbeezy New Member

I tried smoking a pipe, but I don't have a beard. I also thought it made me smell worse than a good old fashion cigarette and wasn't as satisfying. I'll try again if I'm ever able to grow a respectable beard.

16. trip286

trip286 New Member

Try quitting smoking or at least cutting back, and smoking the pipe sometime between dinner and bed. Greatly increases the satisfaction.

Beards are not mandatory, per se, but they are recommended.

17. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

the beard changes the flavor!:p

18. indy36

indy36 New Member

I'm 41 so I'm getting to 'pipe smoking age' but maybe not quite there. I smoked cigarettes for 12 years then quit. I've never liked cigars. The next morning it feels like a cat slept in my mouth. Blech! Pipes smell great. I've never met an old guy that smoked a pipe that I didn't like. My uncle smoked one. I have fond memories of pipes yet I think I'd look like a jackass smoking one. Kind of like wearing a fedora. I like them but it takes a certain look to pull it off.

19. trip286

trip286 New Member

There is a downside though. Take, for example, the garbage truck that picked up the garbage at my office this morning.

It leaks wet, nasty, garbage juice. Full of maggots and rot.

As I was leaving the office, I had to get out and shut the gate. I walked by the puddle of cess, locked up the gate, and got in my car.

The smell is still in my beard. I can't seem to get it out.

20. DFlynt

DFlynt New Member

I've never smoked but my Dad was a smoker, mainly cigs, however about once or twice a year (usually around Christmas) he'd pull out his pipes and smoke those, I always enjoyed the smell of his pipe tobacco (not sure what brand it was though).