pink revolver for wifey

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by roosterjuicer, Mar 9, 2009.

1. roosterjuicer

roosterjuicer New Member

me and the misses are gonna take the concealed carry class this summer. and i was thinking about getting her a snub nose revolver in the near future.

i think she would really like a pink gun. I think a .22 revolver would be perfect for her because it is simple to use and she's a tiny little girl and has issues shooting .38 specials through my revolver but she absolutely loves my .22.

any guns come to mind?

ps...please no harping on the inadequacy of the .22 as a self defense round. its better than nothing. and personally, id rather someone miss me with a .38 special than hit me center mass with a .22 any day.

that being said, if there are absolutely no pink .22 revolvers out there ill entertain other calibers but nothing bigger than .38 special

2. Bighead

Bighead New Member

You could get the .22 LR airweight J-Frame from Smith & Wesson and put the pink grips on it. Not sure about snubbies with a factory pink finish.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 11, 2009

3. Rare Faction

Rare Faction New Member

Not sure about revolvers, but Sig makes a small .22 called the Mosquito that can come with a pink frame. It's a bright pink, too

[​IMG]

4. AsmelEduardo

AsmelEduardo New Member

Last edited: Mar 12, 2009
  5. Dgunsmith

Dgunsmith New Member

I would suggest you find what fits her hand and she shoots well with.....

and then send it in to BEAR COAT, THE ULTIMATE ALL WEATHER FIREARMS FINISH and have them turn it pink !

I just saw a 870 youth a deputy bought for his daughters....he had it made pink and it was very cool !

6. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Decisions, decisions. decisions!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. roosterjuicer

roosterjuicer New Member

haha she didn't like the blowdryer as much as I did.

8. Bighead

Bighead New Member

Now that is funny.

9. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Ok I am going to buck the system here. Now I think you need to take her with you and ask her what she wants. She may not want a pink gun and she may not want a 22lr as a CCW gun. The 22 while my favorite round is not very good and taking out 220# of hopped up rapiest with 1 to 6 shots. Might make him think twice might kill him or it might get her killed as well. Are you willing to bet your wives life on that? I am not. If she has problems shooting 38 spec lodas then get her a 22 and work her up to shooting more powerfull loads. Maybe get her working her arm muscles out some with something like this as getting her arms a little stonger to handel more powerfull rounds.

10. Samples.32

Samples.32 New Member

You need to read the book Thank God I had a Gun by Chris Bird. (Amazon.com: Thank God I Had a Gun: True Accounts of Self-Defense: Chris Bird: Books) Especially one chapter in which a man is shot 4 times with a a larger caliber than a .22 (don't remember exactly right now and a friend has borrowed the book) and still continues to fight. That could happen to your wife. :( Tango is right. You don't want to risk her life and a .22 isn't going to cut it even at center mass if this is a big guy. I know you really didn't want to hear this, but this is genuine concern. Get your wife into self defense classes and maybe some type of workout class. Let her strengthen her self and don't let her carry anything lighter than a .38 If she has small hands (only if she has small hands because otherwise she will not be able to grip it properly) have her test out a keltec. My father is not able to grip the keltec and hold onto it and he is a rather strong man, but since my entire hand fits on it I can grip it just fine. keltec isn't one to malfunction much and it is something she should be able to conceal. If she is small like you say she is, she wont be able to conceal MOST of your revolvers.

11. BILLYBOB44

BILLYBOB44 New Member

Pink guns

I'm not sure how to add to this post, but I'm GLAD that Cane Finally! showed us his Pink Guns!!:eek::p

12. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

..........always suspected he was a little fruity.

13. canebrake

canebrake New Member

You should see my matching holster and boots!

[​IMG]

Red A$$ Ostrich, pretty nice huh?

14. BILLYBOB44

BILLYBOB44 New Member

Boots?

Those sure are "Purdy" Boots, Cane. Looks like something one of them tourist from Detroit would wear!!:p

15. ladyM

ladyM New Member

No ! No ! No ! No pink guns....Just because we're girls doesn't mean that we need a "sissy" looking firearm.
    ...................................................... my .02 cents worth !
    JUST SAY,"NO,TO PINK"----------
    BTW--Canebrake...no offense towards YOUR------"collection"

Last edited: Mar 25, 2009
  16. canebrake

canebrake New Member

No offense taken, and I still like your style. [​IMG]

17. AsmelEduardo

AsmelEduardo New Member

Last edited: Mar 19, 2009
  18. 1911_lover

1911_lover New Member

charter arms

charter arms makes one in 38 special. comes in all colors, including pink

19. JuggNuttz

JuggNuttz New Member

Dont think ill be real helpful as i have no pink guns to show... but yeah i agree with the others on finding a larger caliber she can handle. I have the unfortunate problem of short stubby fingers..... so alot of .45's i have a hard time shooting. I do have a SIG P229 .40 S&W, and it feels great in my hands and dont have a problem shooting at all (other then my aiming sucks, but im working on that). and maybe not pink, but my fathers off duty gun was a S&W .38 snub nose that i used to shoot when i was 10 yrs old. So yea take her to a shop with a range, and let her shoot many different things, cuz thr right grip could mean a world of difference in what she can shoot.