Pink Pony

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by JonM, Feb 28, 2011.

1. JonM

JonM Moderator

my pink rubber hogue grip panels arrived today!! anyway the question is... do they stay on the colt series 70

[​IMG]

or go on the 460 rowland springfield 1911A1 or what im leaning towards putting them on the GSG 1911-22 if it ever shows up.

2. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

3. orangello

orangello New Member

It looks very...striking.

Have you ever googled "pink pony"? :D

4. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

Hope they are for your good lady :eek:

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

yes, really.

a cafe that servers american morrocan and french dishes... i could go for some morrocan food. good stuff

ummm no, i like pink. got a pink bersa, pink mosquito (main reason i bought it. wish i hadnt cuz the mosquito sux), and a pink 10/22.

gonna do a range report on the pink 10/22 soon.

[​IMG]

6. canebrake

canebrake New Member

If you put those pink thingies on the 460 I'm sure Johnny Rowland will personally come to your house and kick your azz! (And I may get in line!)

7. FCross7

FCross7 New Member

Why not order 2 more sets and put them on all three?

-Fred

8. JonM

JonM Moderator

lol i think im gonna put em on my GSG since the one i ordered has the cheap plastic grips. someday at least *sigh*

nah the wood grips on the springer are really nice they got the springfield logo and are hand polished by years of range use. traded for em off a local range gun. range owner didnt mind since he got my grip order wrong anyway. i liked the look of the used grips better than brand new.

the colt grips are nice wood ones as well the only 1911 that i will have with crappy grips is going to be the GSG. so i think thats where they will go.

9. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Lotta PINK going around lately :rolleyes:

10. Boyerracing343

Boyerracing343 New Member Supporter

Very different, but if you like it who cares what others think.

11. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Unless they have changed the grips, the GSG's are nice walnut double diamond.

[​IMG]

12. JonM

JonM Moderator

there are two models the black plastic grip and wood. the plastic ones are like 30$ cheaper. thats the one i order since the few ive seen in person the wooden ones arent the best looking wood grips and i can do better with 30$ grip wise.

13. orangello

orangello New Member

LOL! That was not the one i was thinking of. I was thinking of this place in Atlanta. :D http://www.yelp.com/biz/pink-pony-atlanta

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  14. JonM

JonM Moderator

Never been to atlanta. I'm not into clubs or bars never liked those sorts of places. Seemed pretty dumb to me to spend 4 or 5 times the price of a bottle on one drink. And then sit in a unpleasently loud place with obnoxious people trying to enjoy it. Good restraunts definately especially ones specializong in foreign cuisine.

15. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Hey, Jon, I live just south of you in Illinois. I'd LOVE to shoot that pink 10/22. No, wait, I'd love to OWN that pink 10/22. It is BEAUTIFUL.

16. JonM

JonM Moderator

Going to mcmiller in eagle Saturday taking the new bersa22 pink ruger 458 socom 458 winmag and rem700.