Pimp my shooter: The amazing bling guns that belong to Mexico's drug lords Read more

Discussion in 'Engraving & Refinishing' started by ARnoob, May 6, 2010.

1. ARnoob

ARnoob New Member

2. ARnoob

ARnoob New Member

Part II

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. willshoum

willshoum New Member

Fluanting your Gun

Eat your Heart out cane!! Man when you have the money.... So who gets the spoils of the bust? :eek::)

4. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

It pains me to see 1911 in such condition.....excuse me....i got something in my eye.

5. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I would second that post if I could have seen more than that poor first 1911.

To think those used to be Real Men's Weapons. :(

6. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

The Mexican Feds and Military Officers usually get them after the publicity pics are done

7. willshoum

willshoum New Member

Spoils of the rich and Famous

Allmost like giving them Back to the original owners, allmost. I say Auction them off and use the money to Fight more drug dealers!!!!!

8. General-Logic

General-Logic New Member

I like heavily embellished and engraved firearms. Like jewelry you can shoot a burglar with.

9. ARnoob

ARnoob New Member

I'm not sure where this rifle came from, but it follows the theme of blinged out weapons.

[​IMG]

And here's where they may live...

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 12, 2010
  10. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

Having money and being insane produces some interesting things.

11. JonM

JonM Moderator

usually im not for destroying weapons regardless of the reason. those however just need to be melted to slag in the interest of good taste. put the poor things out of their misery.

12. BillDeShivs

BillDeShivs Member

I find it interesting that if someone paints his gun camouflage, you guys really like it.
    When shown pictures of classic (if overdone) engraving and plating, most act as if a sin has been committed! Engraving, plating, and embellishment has always been done to quality, valued arms. Those are "men's guns-" "rich men's guns!".
    Because you can't afford it, don't decry it. This embellishment requires much more than an airbrush or spray can to accomplish, and it lasts many lifetimes.
    Expand your horizons a little.

13. crockett007

crockett007 New Member

How about sparing me the lecture. You will never convince me that I should wear a diamond encrusted Escalade emblem on a platinum chain. This may work well for you.:rolleyes:

Can we simply say: to each his/her own and move on?

14. BillDeShivs

BillDeShivs Member

Nor was I attempting to.
    Taste is one thing. Embellishment another.

15. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I'll take umbridge with that statement. :mad:

I don't personally like to see someone home painting their weapon camoflauge and I don't like seeing someone spend thousands of dollars to add bling-bling to their firearm of choice. I don't think you will find me every saying "That looks great" in any post, regardless of who did it.

Now, if we are talking a Cape Gun from Holland & Holland, I would expect it to have some classically done, eloquent, hand carvings on the stock and engraving done on the metal of the action and barrel(s).

These weapons were obviously decorated for a more colorful culture. While in that culture that might seem like the thing to do, Ferrari doesn't make handguns for a reason!

Just because you can, does not mean you should. :cool:

JD

16. JonM

JonM Moderator

you assume i cant afford the price that sort of thing takes?? trust me i got enough disposable income to do that if i lacked the taste to defile a firearm in such a fashion. not all of us are participating in obama's economy. just because a thing costs a lot does not mean it is a good thing.

17. BillDeShivs

BillDeShivs Member

Jon,
    It was a generic comment, not directed at you.
    But, it did give you the opportunity to boast about how rich you are... I'm really impressed. :rolleyes:

BTW- this forum IS called the "Engraving and Refinishing" forum.

18. YoungGunWill

YoungGunWill New Member

man if eugene stoner could see those ar15s hed kick some MAJOR ***!

19. sgtdeath66

sgtdeath66 New Member

i myself thought those ar's with the gold and black looked pretty sweet. plus like some one said, these are coming from a country with colorful people. i dig some of them, like the black and silver 1911's..... sorry dillinger:D

20. relaxed09

relaxed09 New Member

all that money can't buy taste!!!!! if i had cartel money a pair of wilson tactical le's would seem like a more sensible, tasteful way to go:cool: