Pima County GOP Glock Raffle Stirs Controversy

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Trez, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

The Pima county GOP are raffling off a Glock of the same type shot Giffords as a fundraiser.
    What do you think? Too soon? Poor taste??
    A little snippet...
    Heres the full article: Pima GOP’s Glock raffle spurs outcry - Arizona News from The Arizona Republic

2. canebrake

canebrake New Member

I'll tell you how stupid (distasteful) I think this raffle is.

It sounds like something the White House senior staff or....the DOJ would come up with! :eek:

3. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

This pistol had already been raffles off once before but the winner did not claim it so they are rattling it off again. That said, I think the timing could not have been more boneheaded or insensitive.

4. shadamai

shadamai New Member

Taking the timing and location into account, it was not done in the best of taste. The gun had been raffled off previously but unclaimed, so they had certainly already gotten their money back on it plus some...it's not as though they were an individual who desperately needed to be reimbursed. It wasn't just the congresswoman who was shot- people's family members, friends, and even children were injured or killed, so I expect that many people within that community are still dealing with a lot of grief.

5. neilage66

neilage66 New Member

Yeah and Oprah shouldn't have given away all those cars because it was offensive to anyone maimed in a car crash or to the families of those killed in auto related fatalities.

Cancel all lotteries because, gasp, people might invest their winnings in guns and ammunition.

And don't raffle off that motorcycle for the Children's Hospital as we know motorbikes are suicide machines ridden by organ donors.

It is a mechanical contraption, an inanimate object, a machine, a piece of art...people enjoy them...it's lawful commerce. Get over it.