Pilots with guns

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Dearhunter, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Dearhunter

Dearhunter Supporting Member Supporter

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Truth can sometimes be funnier than a good joke- when they STARTED the Armed Flight Deck Officer program (pilot that has approval to bring handgun on board with him) , they wanted to preclude selecting people that had aggresive personalities.

The FIRST psych screening test included a question that, IF you said YES, disqualified you from selection. Are you ready for this?

Question was- Would you like to be a jet fighter pilot- Yes or No?

Ummm- seems someone overlooked the number of airline pilots that did just that when they began flying- or still do it on weekends for the Air National Guard.....

3. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

if i'm not mistaken, are not a lot of commercial airline pilots former military pilots? many of whom flew jet fighters in the military?

4. hockeyjr1

hockeyjr1 New Member

Really guys? I'm calling bull on this whole recording... I'll explain my reasons...

1. Im sure they tell you during your training to NEVER tell anyone you have a gun. So they say this and on the way off the plane a guy grabs one off a pilot and shoots the other and takes people hostage... Never would happen but u can't rule it out.

2. It's gotta be against SOP's to talk about that over the loud speaker. But I can't say ik them all.

3. He said he was carrying a .357 and the lead flight attendant had a 22 ruger... Fill me in but since when can either round pierce body armor? Maybe the .357 at point blank but I highly doubt it...

I saved the real kicker for last....

4. Flight attendants CANNOT carry a firearm. You know why? There is NO training for them!

I'm all for a packing pilot as I am a pilot myself and would love to carry concealed on my flights in the future... But to put a loaded weapon in the cabin on a flight attendant is absolutely retarted...

Ok so who thinks its real now? Lol

Put a sign in your front yard that reads "Gun Free House" & see where the criminals go.

5. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

I'm really beginning to wonder about you guys -- of course that was a joke.

What isn't funny is that the administration has cut the $25M/year program to train any future pilots from being allowed to carry guns -- they might shoot a jihadist for Allah's sake!

6. c3shooter

1. Of course the "in flight announcement" is a parody
    2. Yes, they overlooked that many commercial pilots began as military pilots.
    3. If the airline is El Al, the national airline of Israel, do not be too sure that your flight attendant does not have a gun.
    4. MY idea of an armed pilot.......
    armed pilot.jpg

7. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

C3, now that's a close quarters defensive weapon, LOL

8. gollygee

gollygee New Member

For some reason a flight attendant is not capable of handing a firearm?

9. c3shooter

Gollygee- in the US, they are not eligible for the Armed Flight Deck Officer program.

10. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

Pilots and navigators are officers. Stewardesses are enlisted. Sorry...

11. hockeyjr1

hockeyjr1 New Member

Ik most people know it is fake but there are to many people out there that have no clue and think everything they see is real...

Like the extra 300 stunt plane that landed perfectly after ripping its wing off..

This actually happened and the plane entered a death spiral an the only thing that saved the pilot was the parachute he deployed on his aircraft..

Put a sign in your front yard that reads "Gun Free House" & see where the criminals go.

12. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

Arming a flight crew is dangerous, cuz you never know when the person at the controls might go nuts and use their sidearm instead of the axe that's already in ever cockpit.

13. therewolf

therewolf New Member

I got a real kick out of the "the Grand Canyon, which BTW is coming

into view" part. He sounded like a real pilot.

14. 4tsmith

4tsmith New Member

Believe that until 1972 any commercial airplane that transported U.S. mail was required by law to have at least one person on the flight deck armed at all times.( I think the law applied to all vehicles and trumped state firearms laws for transport and carry)

15. c3shooter

4T, you are correct. Matter of fact, there was a case in the 70s of a deranged individual who tried to force his way into the cockpit, was shot by the Cpt. That flight diverted into my hometown- Richmond VA.

In the 60s, when I traveled with a sidearm, I got a "gun chit" from the ticket agent- boarded aircraft, gave gun and chit to Cpt, reclaimed at end of flight.

16. levelcross

levelcross New Member

Thanks for the link, this is a great way to start off a Monday.:p

17. 4tsmith

4tsmith New Member

If I commented on why I believed flight deck and support crews on airplanes are going loony,the weather has been radically changed for about a decade,that strange low frequency humming people all over the US.complain about and the more common complaint that people everywhere say they have an uncontrollable sensation of falling to the left when walking....well,you might believe that I was ready for a rubber room.

Just keep in mind the ever vigilant and courageous Israeli's are our best friends in a war we're currently unprepared to fight....and the Russians and Chinese most certainly are NOT.....remember that Tesla figured out how to transmit massive amounts of energy through the earths surface by the turn of last century...and that might not be an entirely good thing in the wrong hands...Also remember that any government worth it's salt would lie to the entire human race to maintain it's power...and a world wide cabal of corrupt governments would be more likely to do so.

Yeah..Yeah...I know what you're saying but George Soros (?) bragging about bringing down world banks and whole countries economy's,Iran on the human rights council of the UN...and an African born, registered Muslim Indonesian citizen(no dual citizenship in Indonesia)in the big house,and possibly the only person who's seen the unsealed record now with immunity on the supreme's...an admission before a court that YES the supplied birth record is bogus(have you missed that tidbit on the news lately?)...Qkay..Qkay..so I'm just a little paranoid....and no I'm not worried that anyone would blatantly thumb their nose at the constitution and preach class warfare or use executive authority to evade the law...hmmm..enemies foreign AND domestic.

Speaking of Richmond VA.it's my understanding that since they adopted the NRA. backed project Exile,the bad guys evade just long enough to ditch their guns before they're caught.That's what I call REAL GUN CONTROL.

I'm still trying to answer the age old riddle about beans and bullets...If as said an army fights on it's stomach...is it better to be full of beans and risk getting shot while crawling around looking for bullets or...be near starvation and fight your way to some beans...I guess it really doesn't matter if most people think you're already full of beans anyway...:confused::)

+

18. armsmaster270

armsmaster270 New Member

Back in the Bad old days LEO's would board first and meet the pilot and he decided if the LEO would surrender his weapon to be kept on the flight deck or keep it in his holster. If he kept it he would not be served alcohol.

19. 4tsmith

4tsmith New Member

I'm sure that's probably called....progress.

So why don't we feel a lot safer?

20. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

That's for taking out the twit with no radio who just cut you off in the pattern.