Firearms Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
A spike that I thought was a doe and a young doe is all ive gotten so far. I go out intending to kill the biggest deer in the woods but Ill shoot the first thing I see, doesn't really matter to me, im just in it for the meat. View attachment 230724 View attachment 230726
Man, you really gutted that deer real clean. Very nice!

Besides the meat, do you ever taxidermy the deer or keep the fur or anything?

·
Banned
55 Posts
a lot of people consider pigs to be vermin, are scared of trichinosis, etc, just leave the pork out there to rot after they shoot the pigs. Other pigs then eat the carcasses and of course, so do coyotes. Coyotes are a lot harder to get rid of than pigs. They are by nature a lot sneakier. and dont bait nearly as easily as hogs. You can often trap an entire sounder of hogs if you have the money to set up a steel fence trap with a remote wireless cam and trigger.

·
Premium Member
6,992 Posts
Another today. I blew them out of their bed walking in, I stood where it happened for about 5 minutes and he decided to come back. Hit him a bit too far forward on the first shot. After he took off running I put another one through the neck followed by a coup de grace to the head. The $9 spike...

3 doe to go
20201124_155520.jpg
20201124_133218.jpg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts