Pietta 1860 new army .44 cap and ball

Discussion in 'Blackpowder & Musket' started by cgersty, Jan 4, 2013.

1. cgersty

cgersty New Member

Just wanted to show it to you guys.

ForumRunner_20130104_142522.jpg

2. NCcrimedog

NCcrimedog New Member

Very nice, I have been wanting to get a pair myself.

3. cgersty

cgersty New Member

Thanks, wife got it for my birthday 2 years ago, need to get it out and shoot it some more, really wanna pick up one with a removable cylinder.

4. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

yea I have been wanting an 1858 myself for the removable cylinder. I have the 1851. And the cylinder comes off. But simply not the same thing. Nobody wants to be removing their barrel to reload.

5. cgersty

cgersty New Member

Yeah that's how this one is, barrel comes off, you can still load it just takes a little longer, so a removable cylinder is ideal.

6. orangello

orangello New Member

I think i should've started with a cap-n-ball more like that, Colt style. I started with a pair of 1858 replicas and am spoiled to reloading on a press now.

7. cuate

cuate New Member

I obtained a Pietta 1858 New Army, 5 1/2" barrel. Obtained a .45 LC cal. cylinder with loading gate, dremeled a channel so I could flip that loading gate and load. Accurate, great easy trigger,
    and I habe shot hundreds of rounds (my reloads) without a hitch. Gun cost $218 (back then) , legally came in the US Mail, .45 cylinder somewhat expensive. Total cost, could have bought an Italian .45 single action for the same or less. But I love this pistol !

8. BearTaylor

BearTaylor New Member

I've got their Colt and Remington replicas and they are fine quality firearms. Congrats to you and good shooting.

9. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

The Perc. handguns are great firearms to shoot targets or hunt. There are many fine offerings. I like the ROA and the Rogers & Spencer target.:D

Attached Files:

10. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Nice pistola cgersty.

Hey Stalker, that stainless Old Army is sweet.

11. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Thx I have a number of ROA handguns SS and Blue. The one in the picture now has had an action job and a new high sight blade. The grips are Sambar Stag it has an R&D .45 Colt cylinder. It also has a fitted custom Perc. cylinder turned from a jet fighter landing gear by Ballistic Products. I am all so having it fit with custom made Perc. nipples. I shoot 260 Grs. .45 Colt bullets over 40/T3 which runs at 970 FPS.:D

12. cgersty

cgersty New Member

Thanks! It's a fun gun to shoot