Pictures

Discussion in 'FirearmsTalk Support and Suggestions' started by sarge_257, Oct 22, 2010.

1. sarge_257

sarge_257 New Member

How do you post pictures in this forum? I have some pictures to post supporting some of my stories and also one in my profile of me.
    Sarge

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

When posting, there is a little paperclip icon- just above where you are typing, just to the right of the white smiley face icon, Click on that, you can browse where you have pics stored, open one, download, then close. When ready to put pic in, click the paperclip icon, file name comes up beside, click that, and its there.

So simple a 10 yr old can do it. Just took me a while to find a 10 year old to show me, and bribe her.

3. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

4. sarge_257

sarge_257 New Member

Pics

Those directions for 10 yr old must be for smarter 10 yr olds than I know. Most of the ones around here just run up and down the street on their bicycles and in-line skates and ignore me.
    I suppose I could wave a hand full of money but I am retired Army and they didn't pay me much in the Army and they sure as shooting are not paying me much to be retired.
    Sarge "Tanks" for the info.

5. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member

Did you get it figured out?

6. sarge_257

sarge_257 New Member

Pics

I tried first to post in my profile. And there was no paperclip. But there was a thing that said to upload. So I tried that. I did manage to post some pictures to my profile so maybe I can build on that. One picture is pretty dark but I may be able to use photo shop to lighten it up.
    Thanks I will keep trying.
    Sarge

7. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member

Here's the easist way I have found.

When posting there is a button called 'Go Advanced', click that.

Scroll down after you have entered the text you would like to add, till you find the button called 'Manage Attachments'.

You will then be prompted to upload pics form either the internet or your computer.

8. sarge_257

sarge_257 New Member

My picture

I DID IT! I got the picture of me and my telephone in the woods to upload. It is in the end of the story of the "Lost in the Ozark Forest"