pictures of your trophies!

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by Buckethead47, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Buckethead47

Buckethead47 New Member

I see a funny hunting story thread. but not about your trophies. lets see and hear the stories. i would start but I am currently looking for the pictures of my first buck.

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

i dont take trophies. i have one set of antlers i use for calling deer. i occasionally keep a deer hide for my own use and give the rest to friends. i eat the deer i shoot and the fish i catch.

i dont have anything against it i just would rather have more deer meat than dusty deer heads :)

3. fmj

fmj New Member

EVERY deer taken is a trophy!!

instead of mounting heads to remember the hunt...i tend to remember the hunt every meal i make out of the venison i took.

4. Buckethead47

Buckethead47 New Member

I only have the antlers mounted on a plaque. But I'm still trying to find the picture if my vick before I took the antlers off.

5. spinks

spinks New Member

I got this buck 28 3/4 wide 3 by 4. Ten point American

image-2076301326.jpg

Funny story took my friend out back in 2006 he was a new hunter thought would never see a buck that size in the area goes to show ÿòú never know where they are good times I told thin to drive down the road and cut him off love hunting with newboobs

6. Buckethead47

Buckethead47 New Member

Write thats a monster rack. Mine isn't that big. Still trying to find the pictures my first buck. But If I can't I will take a pick of the antlers.

7. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

Heres my first deer back in November 2011. Kinda goofy with the sunglasses and my tassel on but had a 23 inch neck with a 10 point rack

Attached Files:

8. Buckethead47

Buckethead47 New Member

I can't find the pictures of my 06 trip but here is the rack.
    [​IMG]

My tree stand was about 20 yards in the woods off of a fire road. On the other side of the fire road was a fence and then a field my cousin was hunting. At the time I was too young to get a foid card so I was hunting in a tree next to my grandpa. It was around 4 when my cousin got out of his stand and spooked the deer our way. He came in with a bigger buck and a doe. I couldn't get a clear shot if the doe and the monster buck was 75 yards up behind a few bushes and a tree. So he was a no go. Then this youngster was about 45 yards out and only needed a few steps forward for a clear shot. At this point my 20. Ga. Was up and my red dot on waiting for those steps. He looks up right at me, then paused for what felt like forever then took the step I needed then bam! jumped then ran right twards me. My grandpa was shocked when he heard the shot, because he didn't see the smaller buck. 1 shot one kill. Took out both the lungs and ruptured the heart. Man he was good eating too. this was december 06 down in crab orchard wildlife refugee beer carbondale il. In 07 I took a doe. And 08 got nothing. Got in to a bad accident oct. 09 missed hunting that year and now looking forward to this years deer season.

9. Muliemaster

Muliemaster New Member

That buck is no 10 point 4x4 so 10??

10. fmj

fmj New Member

Looks like there is a kicker on the bottom left...

so possibly a 5x4

11. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

There's a small one on the back side too that can't be seen

12. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

Just going off what the guy who took me said it was haha me and deer hunting are a new thing

13. hotrodz32

hotrodz32 New Member

Young Bull Moose taken in Me. Nov 2011 with a Ruger M77 3006 at around 200 yds. Not really trophy size but yum yum good. After near 25 yrs of lottery entry's in NH and Me I guess any Moose is a trophy

Attached Files:

14. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I got this on a trip to Wyoming a couple years ago. I took it with my Mark II at about 50 yards. One shot, right through the heart and lungs. He dropped where I shot him. He was some darned good eating.

Attached Files:

15. Buckethead47

Buckethead47 New Member

The rule I use is If a ring stays on the point we call it. Mine is only 5 with that rule.

16. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

[​IMG]

Finally mounted up on the wall in the garage

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the big boy we never saw after taking this picture , laying down in the beans 50 yards from the road a few weeks before hunting season

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  17. Buckethead47

Buckethead47 New Member

wow that guy is big! i am getting amped up for carbondales deer season. cant wait!!

18. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

Trophies What`s that ?

19. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I would not be able to bring myself to shoot that guy. :(

20. Muliemaster

Muliemaster New Member

I do think your right, I can see something there but hey its a beauty of a 9 tho