Pictures of use muskets i've taken.

Discussion in 'Blackpowder & Musket' started by IRONCLAD, Nov 17, 2009.

1. IRONCLAD

IRONCLAD New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This one made the papers. Funny thhing about this one was, I came from Iraq on leave to go to a reenactment to fight in another war of yeaster-years.

[​IMG]
    This is a flinklock made just for me. It's a Florida Red Bay flinklock. It's like a Kentucky rifle. I've only fired it once during test fire.

[​IMG]
    Here she is again.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2009
  2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Cool and it certainly qualifies as a long rifle. :cool:

3. canebrake

canebrake New Member

4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Thanks for your service as well.

5. IRONCLAD

IRONCLAD New Member

Sorry, been on a mission.

Thanks folks.

I'm looking for more pictures, but my Internet is slow tonight. 10 minutes for a page to load.

6. IRONCLAD

IRONCLAD New Member

[​IMG]
    This one here is of me with a couple of friends from a clip taken from the Music Video "Going back to Richmond" by Robert Lloyd.

[​IMG]
    My brother and I found a person at a reenactment who was taking old pictures and plaing them on 100 year old glass. These are awesome pictures.

[​IMG]
    This one is in a LA. Tiger Uniform.

[​IMG]
    This one made the newspapers as well, I'm on the left there.

7. IRONCLAD

IRONCLAD New Member

[​IMG]
    One here as a 114th. Penn.

8. Walley

Walley New Member

Nice pictures. I sure like your gun. Wish I had it.

9. IRONCLAD

IRONCLAD New Member

Thanks, this has been a 15 year collection. I have a total of four muskets, one Flinklock, four black powder pistols, and one black powder "Sewn Off" shot gun.

10. Walley

Walley New Member

I own nine black powder long guns and six revolvers. No muskets as of yet. My favorite is my original Sharps 45/70 breach loader that lives above my mantel. I have two kit guns to put together this winter. A Kentucky rifle and a trapper 50 cal pistol. I have my eye on a reproduction musket a guy that shoots at my place has that he isn’t getting along with and soon will be open to a deal.

11. IRONCLAD

IRONCLAD New Member

What kind of musket will you be buying..... Enfield or a springfield?

I'd like to get my hands on one of those Sharps, but I'll have to wait until the time is right.

12. Walley

Walley New Member

It is a Brown Bess that someone put together from a kit some years back. The guy who owns it now traded a pellet gun for it this spring just to get into shooting black powder. The gun does need some TLC but nothing major. Bad finish on the stock and the barrel is blued rather than browned. Bore is in good shape but there is some rust on the barrel. The owner just bought a high priced in-line so next time he comes around I am going to make him an offer on it.

Decent Sharps are hard to find. I lucked out getting mine at a farm sale for less than a quarter of what it is worth. Good luck finding one at a reasonable price.

13. IRONCLAD

IRONCLAD New Member

I did find one, yours. I'll give you 1/2 of what you paid for it and you'll make out on 1/4 of the deal...LOL What do you say buddy?LOL

On that musket though - what you are telling me about the weapon, I won't pay more then $300.00 for it. If you're looking for a better musket, I can point you in the direction at a good price in Mississippi. Old or new.

14. Walley

Walley New Member

Sorry my oldest boy spoke for the Spenser the day after I picked it up. Sometimes I feel that he wishes that this old fool would drop dead so he could get his hands on some of my better guns.

I called the guy with the Brown Bess and damn near fell over when he said he would take seventy-five bucks for it and the bullet mold. I am going over in a few minutes and pick it up before someone wises him up.

15. orangello

orangello New Member

Sorry to but in, but if there is a great shop for black powder guns in MS, i would appreciate directions or a phone number to them. I want single-shot pistol of the "Kentucky" type for my first BP gun. I have been considering a kit from Pendersoli, but if there is a pre-assembled or less expensive, quality option, i'd like to know where to look.

Thanks!

16. IRONCLAD

IRONCLAD New Member

Let me contact a friend of mine to get the phone number, but it maybe a couple of days or so.

17. orangello

orangello New Member

^^^ Many thanks! I'm not in a hurry. :)

Last edited: Dec 1, 2009
  18. IRONCLAD

IRONCLAD New Member

Still working on it. I'll try again tonight over here.

19. orangello

orangello New Member

I appreciate it. :)

20. IRONCLAD

IRONCLAD New Member

Couldn't get it brother. Once I'm back in Mississippi, I'll get it for ya'.