Picture worth a thousand words?

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by Rich_C, Sep 27, 2008.

1. Rich_C

Rich_C New Member

Range Time (640x480).jpg
    Hello good people,I just can't find the words for how much I love my Ruger GP100.It Rocks!!

Last edited: Sep 27, 2008
  2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Nice shooting Rich. When the Zombies come, I want you on MY side of the lines. ;)

JD

3. Rich_C

Rich_C New Member

I'll Be there dude.

Yeah not bad at 11yards.Was using 125 grain Remington 38's at the time.
    Have Hornady LEVERevolution 140gr 357's to protect Me and Mine.

4. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

33 feet? More than enough distance. That's a great round, and it appears great shooting. That will flat sit a person, or a zombie, down on s/he ( its ) @ss...

Good to have you on the forum brother.

JD

5. Rich_C

Rich_C New Member

Thx for the warm welcome buddy.Stay Safe ,Rich

6. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

Good shootin, Tex..............:cool:

7. Rich_C

Rich_C New Member

Thx SGT,Great Falls huh? Lived in Butte a few years.Beautiful country up there.
    stay safe,Rich

8. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

Great shooting Rich!...
    This is my 44 Magnum at 25 yards sitting on a bench.

[​IMG]

I did this with my S&W 629 Hunter Plus. 7 1/2" barrel.

I bet you can do every bit as good!

9. Rich_C

Rich_C New Member

Damn hot shooting Mark.

10. Mark F

Thanks Rich,

Benchrest shooting will normally yield a tight group like this, assuming the ammo is good quality. That's also one advantage of a long barrel...

Your Ruger GP100 yielded an IMPRESSIVE group for off-hand shooting! It also indicates you have EXCELLENT trigger control.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2008
  11. Rich_C

Rich_C New Member

Thx Brother,haven't hit the sandbags yet.Just been using a two handed grip.
    Anyways thx again.
    Stay Safe Rich

12. REDTAIL

REDTAIL Member

44 Mag

Mark I haven't seen shooting with a 44 like that since Harry Callahan. nice groups :D

13. Mark F

THANKS! A great gun, special reloads, and LOTS of practice.

[​IMG]

My Performance Center 44 Mag Hunter typically yields this type of shooting. Even a novice shooter can keep a 2" group with this gun.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2008
  14. Northwoods

Northwoods New Member

Nice shooting! Practice shows on the targets.

15. stetson

stetson New Member

I've always been a fan of ruger revolvers.That's some fine shooting !!! I like
    my old security -six !

16. flbandit

flbandit New Member

Man, I'm not about to show my target :D! Good shooting guys! I think I need more practice.

17. Mark F

It's not how much you shoot, but how well you shoot. I try to make EVERY shot perfect. The most difficult part of perfect shot placement is how you work the trigger. Learn to use your finger tip, and not your 1st knuckle. Your finger tip gives you much better trigger control. Some people tend to over-grasp their revolver. This is not going to yield good shot placement. You should hold your revolver firm, but not so firm that it affects your trigger pull.

Another common problem is, most shooters have an "anticipation of ignition". In other words, most people jerk their pistol in anticipation of a shot being fired. You'll never have a tight group if you "anticipate" your shot and jerk the revolver. This is very difficult to overcome. The easiest way to overcome this, is to have someone else load your revolver while leaving one chamber empty. When you attempt to fire on the empty chamber, your "anticiaption" will be obvious as you will shake or lift the revolver. Teach yourself not to anticipate your shots, but just let the hammer strike happen, regardless if it fires or NOT.

With good technique and practice, you will easily have every shot touching one another on your target.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2008
  18. Mark F

Part Two:

Do not blink when you fire your revolver. Blinking comes from "anticipation" of ignition.