Pico

Discussion in 'Beretta Forum' started by jimmyp7162, Aug 6, 2013.

1. jimmyp7162

jimmyp7162 New Member

Never had an inkling to buy a .380 til I read about the new Pico in Guns & Ammo. Really can't wait to check one out!

2. JW357

JW357 New Member

Looks like a nice little pistol. Just curious, is there any specific appeal of it for you?

3. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

I want one too!! the allure of BOTH calibers...

4. jimmyp7162

jimmyp7162 New Member

I generally carry a ruger sr40c, but in the summer in shorts and a t shirt, it is not always comfortable to carry it. I like the thought of a pocket pistol, and this one has a nice look, good price and beretta quality. Again, haven't held it yet, so I may hate it when I put my hands on it!

5. jimmyp7162

jimmyp7162 New Member

Oh! And it's double action only, hammer fired, which is desirable to me if its in a pocket

6. JW357

JW357 New Member

Can't really ask for better reasons than those for wanting a pocket gun. Seems like a neat gun. Hope it works out for you. :)

7. jimmyp7162

jimmyp7162 New Member

Thanks JW! We shall see! One can never have too many anyway :)

8. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

Looks interesting to me as well. I own a Nano and its been good to me this far.

9. DrFootball

I have NEVER had issue with anything Beretta has ever made.

The Pico offers the best of both worlds to me, through the articles I have read so far. Pocket sized, can be carried as a Back-up or EDC. Irregardless of what most people say about the .380, it's acceptable for QC shooting...I know I wouldn't want to get shot with one!!!!! just wondering how long before the .32ACP conversion is available....

10. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

I'd buy it as a package with the conversion kit, after it celebrates year of successful sales and reviews.

11. jimmyp7162

jimmyp7162 New Member

Saw some online videos of it. Now I REALLY want to hold one and shoot it. Very cool lines. Have to see how it feels!

12. DrFootball

Jimmy,..all the vids you'd want on Beretta's site...I'm waiting until the conversion kit is out so i can have both calibers at once.

13. CrazedJava

CrazedJava New Member

I've been looking for a decent .380 pocket auto but everything seems to have its drawbacks. This one has me curious. Anyone know if it has a lock open after the last shot is fired?

14. jimmyp7162

jimmyp7162 New Member

From the article I read in Guns & Ammo, it does lock open.

15. DrFootball

And comes with two different mags!! one flush fit and one ext.

16. Chase127

Chase127 New Member

i read the article in G&A to and my mom loves the look has anyone actually fired one or is the Pico still to rare