Picking up my ar15

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Bronco141414, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Bronco141414

Bronco141414 New Member

Picking up my ar15 I ordered from my ffl dealer. Anything I should do to inspect it? I don't know how all that goes. Thanks!

2. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

I give! What model and brand is it. Glad to hear you are picking it up. Congrats!

3. Gunsnob

Gunsnob New Member

Sounds like you bought a novice grade AR. Lots of things to check on those.

4. Bronco141414

Bronco141414 New Member

We'll it is a Echo 316 with magpul by Delton. Got it already! Now I need to learn to clean it. Thank god someone posted a video on another forum for me. I need to watch it

5. Gunsnob

Gunsnob New Member

Delton is a POS rifle. Typical newb who doesn't know better.

6. Gunsnob

Gunsnob New Member

Don't you know that for just a couple hundred bucks more you could have purchased a Colt 6920?

7. bamashooter68

bamashooter68 Member

I have the same one with a Eotech 512 and Magpul flip up rear sight. Good carbine. You should like it. Plenty of good videos on youtube to guide you along.

8. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Go out and have some fun !!!!!!

9. Bronco141414

Bronco141414 New Member

Can't wait to hit the rang. Especially since it's my first ar. I realized when I pull the charging handle back it feels a little rough and if you pull it back forward gently, it doesn't close all the way. If I pull the charging handle all the way back and let go, it closes. Just some paranoia?

10. Gunsnob

Gunsnob New Member

No. Just goes to show you how crappy your Delton is.

11. CamoToe1

CamoToe1 New Member

Perfectly normal. What you are doing is "Riding the bcg home" and is not how it was designed. Pull that mofo back like a slingshot and let er rip. If you want to be quiet make sure you use the forward assist to get the bolt into battery.

Also, make sure you heavily lube the BCG and lightly lube the buffer spring. After 500 rounds it'll feel much smoother.

12. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

run a bore snake down the tube, just to make sure it's clean as a whistle with no metal shavings, grease globs etc.