Picked up the Interarms Mark X today

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by CA357, Jun 30, 2011.

1. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I picked it up a little while ago. The bluing is darn near perfect, just a couple of tiny spots below the wood line. The stock has dings and scratches from the field, but nothing nasty and nothing I can't live with. The checkering is strong and the wood has a pretty nice grain.

I just cleaned it and added the Andy's Leather sling. It's going to be a shooter and my camping rifle, so the sling is a must have. I'm sure the few flaws in the stock won't be the last.

BTW, caliber is .30-06

Here's my usual crappy pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 30, 2011

2. CA357

.30-06, a man's caliber. ;)

3. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

Nice gun!!!

I've been looking at an Interarms at a local Pawn Shop. Same caliber but with a regular stock and a Bushnell scope. They want $299. What did you give for yours, if you don't mind? I've been thinking about it for a while now.

4. Comeswithbacon

Comeswithbacon New Member

without a man caliber:cool:

5. CA357

If it's nice, that's an excellent price. I'd rather not say what I paid, Kalifornia is overpriced in everything.

6. CA357

You lost me on that one. :confused:

7. Wambli

Wambli New Member

I have to tell you I LOVE that rifle! Congratulations that is a fantastic score!!!

8. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

When you said the grain in the wood was nice....that was an understatement. Very nice rifle.

9. orangello

orangello New Member

I'm gonna have to read up on that one. Very nice rifle!

10. Boyerracing343

Boyerracing343 New Member Supporter

Nice find! I like the full barrel stock.

11. CA357

It's called a Mannlicher stock.

12. freefall

freefall New Member

Going to scope it?

13. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

CA,

That is a very fine rifle you have there!
    We had one with the standard stock in 308 cal. on the LE Sniper/Observer unit at the metro when we first got the team started years ago. The first shot each and every time was as accurate as any of the heavy barreled sniper rifles I have ever shot. And up to three rounds in a row it would hold a 1 MOA or less group at 100 Yards. On the forth round firing in succession it would always throw a flyer about 1 in out! Heat!!! But anyway it was great rifle and I am sure you are going to love that new rifle you have. Let us know how it groups with the Mannlicher type stock. I have never owned a rifle with a Mannlicher style stock?
    Great Pics by the way!

14. CA357

It came with a Simmons scope mounted. I removed it and filled the receiver holes with filler screws. I want to use it with iron sights since it will essentially be a camping/woods gun.

I'm going to take it and my 24/47 Mauser to the range at some point soon. However, I need to pick up some 8x57 Mauser ammunition first. Today is a crazy day, but I'm going to try and make time to pick up the 8mm if I can.

I'll post better pics and a range report when it happens. This rifle has a 20" barrel, so I'm thinking it's going to be a good rifle for my purposes. It's compact and pretty light.

It turns out that the Pachmayr recoil pad is plenty resilient, so I'm not going to replace it for now. If the rifle turns out to be a good one, I'll change out the pad for a black one purely for esthetic purposes.

15. orangello

orangello New Member

{wondering to self} What would that do to a bear.
    :D

16. Boyerracing343

Boyerracing343 New Member Supporter

Thanks for clarifying that. I learn something new everyday. :D

17. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Looks awesome, Don. Can't wait for the range report.

18. CA357

I'm in love with it. :eek: The trigger is adjustable and it's incredible.

BTW, I picked up two boxes of Wolf Gold 8mm Mauser and found a killer deal on seven boxes of Lake City Match .30-06 today. :cool:

Next, I need to pick up some surplus Yugo 8mm, but the only stuff out there right now is the 50's ammo. I'd prefer the '70's surplus if I can ever find some.

I reluctantly bought the Wolf, so I'd at least have something to test fire the 24/47 with. But I can't afford to pay that kind of money on a regular basis for it.

19. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Or, you could drive down here and we could go to the dez and shoot my ammo all day?