Picked Up The 28-2 Today

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by HKSlinger, Feb 4, 2011.

1. HKSlinger

HKSlinger Member

Over all,very happy. Just need to slap some Hogue's on her,get a few speed loaders,speed loader pouches,a holster........ammo.........oh man, I'm already knee deep into my beer money! Oh well, after all that, I'll be very,very happy.:D

Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  2. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

Great choice, rubber grips make a really big difference when shooting full power .357 Mag. loads. :cool:

Attached Files:

3. HKSlinger

HKSlinger Member

Nice! Did you do the front sight? From the pic. it doesn't really look factory. I like it, it just looks different from here.

4. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

Yep, it's all self-applied sight paint. Not the best, but it works good to improve the sight picture. It's stayed on there through a lot of use for over 20 years though without wearing off.

5. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Congratulations, it's a great piece.

6. freefall

freefall New Member

Those N frame Smiths do make for a sweet shooting .357. Congrats.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2011
  7. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Outstanding! Have you considered using those stocks with a "Tyler T Grip"?

I may have a leftover Hogue Mono Grip in some kind of pretty wood in the parts bin.

8. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Gotta love S&W wheelguns. Very nice.

9. HKSlinger

HKSlinger Member

Thanks everybody. No,Rock I haven't. Although I've never handled a gun that had one on it. I really don't like the feel of the small grips it has. I don't think a Tylor would fix that for me. But hey, never hesitate to give me advice.:D Ya, if you can find the Hogue's drop me a line.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2011
  10. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

I'll click a pic of the Hogue. I think they are accessible.

I love the Tyler T, and have them on many of my S&Ws.

This them on a couple of my J Frames.
    [​IMG]

11. HKSlinger

HKSlinger Member

Just couldn't send a pic. of one gun could ya.:p I PMed you.

12. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

The pic was in my photobucket. I'm not motivated to dig out and click new pics. But I have a M10 with a Tyler T on it that is not buried. I'll click a pick of that one for ya.

13. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Here is a M10 (K Frame) with a Tyler T.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And the Hogue grip.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. HKSlinger

HKSlinger Member

Those are sure some good looking Hogue's. I still think I'll need something more than the Tylor. I have rather large(first one in my family to walk erect) hands, so I'm thinking something a bit fuller.

15. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

SOMEBODY has a full PM Mailbox.....

16. HKSlinger

HKSlinger Member

You are correct sir. How long before they empty it?

17. freefall

freefall New Member

I think you have to empty it your ownself.

18. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

I tried the Tyler T on my 28-2 at first, but still didn't like the feel of the small S & W wood grips. It makes no sense to me that S & W put such tiny grips on the big N-Frame guns. The Pachmayr "Grippers" were the perfect solution for me. The gun doesn't seem to move around in your hand as much while firing full strength .357 Mag. loads while using rubber grips. :cool:

Last edited: Feb 5, 2011
  19. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Here is a pic of the Hogues. The one on the M15 is the nylon Hogue monogrip that has had the finger grooves removed (and painted with Aluma Hyde 2). Same basic style as the wood grip.

You can see where I cut off the top left side "ear" to allow for better speedloader access. You can do that to the wood when it arrives. If you grind off the finger grooves you will have a small area that will need to be filled with epoxy or some other filler material, but it can be done easily.

[​IMG]

20. masterPsmith

masterPsmith New Member

Your Mod-28 would make a great sister gun to my 6" Mod-27. You can send it my way to join the family anytime...........

Jim..