Picked up my first AK

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by Shihan, Dec 2, 2009.

1. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Went shopping with the Mrs. and we came home with a WASR-10. I am liking it and can't wait to shoot it. Will let everyone know my thoughts. I have been fondling it all evening.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 3, 2009
  2. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

Nice WASR.

All in all, I think you have a solid AK. Some people don't like WASR because of how "simple" they are compared to other AKs (i.e. no muzzle break, no magazine well stamp on the reciever, etc, etc...).

I've owned a WASR before, and they are solid shooters. Great purchase. We are waiting for the range report.

3. hillbilly68

hillbilly68 New Member

well doggone man, you bought one of those "upside down" models. :p

Nice purchase, always good to get a new gun! Congrats

4. diggsbakes

diggsbakes New Member

WASRs are good shooting guns. I've put several thousand rounds through mine with many different mags and ammo and have had minimal malfunctions and the ones I did have I believe were due to the last round or two not feeding from a cheaper 40 round mag. The best thing you can do is improve the sights right away (Krebs rear and Tapco front), sight it in and enjoy a very pleasurable range day (less frustrating).

5. Shihan

Where is the best place to pick that stuff up at?

6. colmustard

colmustard New Member

you might be able to find some stuff for you AK at cheaperthandirt.com they have a decent selection on anyting to do with shooting, also nice buy waser 10 is a very fun rifle to take to the range:rolleyes:

7. yesicarry

yesicarry New Member

The upside down model is great for shooting the A hole that just caught you in a snair trap..Snare trap.. Ah hell, when your ass is upside down with a rope round your ankle.

Nice rifle ! envious.....

8. diggsbakes

diggsbakes New Member

9. flyingbrickracing

flyingbrickracing New Member

I love mine,every time I take it out I keep thinking of that old FedEx ad. Just point, Click ,and Ship.....It's that easy

10. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

Shihan, we want more pics.

11. Shihan

Some new picks of updated WASR

Attached Files:

12. orangello

orangello New Member

Very nice! A buddy of mine has one & everyone who shoots it loves it. He picked up some clear plastic mags that have been very reliable & set off the black furniture well. He hasn't made use of his factory scope attachment point, though.

13. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

Nice updates. That AK of yours is lookin pretty mean. :cool:

14. RugerShootinGal

RugerShootinGal New Member

WOW u did a good job fixing that up I can not wait to shoot it. Do I get to go first!!!!:D:p

15. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

I thought only the Chinese made AKs were upside down, never heard of anyone digging a hole to Romania. :confused:

16. junho806

junho806 New Member

wow
    nice looking rifle you got there...
    darn it I want one now
    :p