Picked up a new toy...

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by Dr. Marneaus, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Dr. Marneaus

Dr. Marneaus New Member

This is my first .22!!

I've never owned one before, shot plenty of them, but never got around to buying one. Now I have something economical to shoot, and it'll be a blast.

Picked up this Henry .22 Lever action yesterday! Looks good, great fit an finish, the action is wonderfully smooth. Cant wait to take her out tomorrow.

The best part is....my lady paid for 3/4ths of it because she wanted something cheap and fun to shoot (this is coming from a girl who refused to even TOUCH my guns to begin with). Good times! Guess she's a keeper after all!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

3. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Nice looking little lever gun you got there. My wife warmed up to shooting rather quickly, now she's pretty darn good with that 38 I gave her.

4. orangello

orangello New Member

That is very nice! What is the front site like? gotta pic?

5. Don Davis

Don Davis New Member

Congratulations that's a pretty rifle.

I've owned and shot .22 rifles and pistols all of my life.

They are a blast to shoot.

Here's a old Remington Nylon 66 that I've had for 30 years or so ::eek:

[​IMG]

I've got others - loads of good plinking memories. :cool:

Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  6. OC357

OC357 New Member

Very nice. My 2 favorite 22's are the Henry and the Ruger 10/22. You will enjoy that one.

OC

7. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

Congrats on the henry purchase. Im not much of a lever action guy myself, more of a bolt snob:D.
    However, when my buddy bought a henry last fall for squirrel hunting, I was flat out shocked and amazed at how well that little rifle shot with Wolf MT. Groups in the 1/4" range @25yds with a 4x scope!:eek:
    Really a fine rifle, I hope yours shoots as well as his!!
    Congrats again, looking forward to the range report[​IMG]

8. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Doc, great looking rifle! Now get 'er dirty! [​IMG]

9. Dr. Marneaus

Dr. Marneaus New Member

Hey, thanks for the comments!

The girl didnt want a semi auto, because i have a mini 14, and she wanted something more "fun" to shoot. She specifically requested a lever or bolt action. We both shoot left handed, so a bolt would have been more expensive and harder to find. I figured the henry would be just right!

I'm taking it out to the range tomorrow! I'll letcha know how it goes.

10. Glockmaniac

Glockmaniac New Member

hhmmm.pretty nice lever action. and the wood grain is pretty nice too!

congrat, rimfires are cool , you may blast 500 rounds in an afternoon, no need to stop ,no hot barrel wich is fun. i own my self a CZ 453 varmint, and an old remington 521T. a blast. i left the remington with leamans peep sights, realy fun at 100 yards.

11. h&k bigdaddydieseldan

h&k bigdaddydieseldan New Member

Congratulations Doc that is a really fine looking little .22 lever action..:D:D How does it shoot ?

12. Dr. Marneaus

Dr. Marneaus New Member

Took her out today, got so tied up in all the other guns we only put about 120 rounds through her! I didnt wana go all nuts with it since the lady who bought it couldnt come out today :-(

It shot pretty darn nice right out of the box, seemed sighted in just right for windage, i was poppin bottles and whatnot at a good 50 yards without even trying. I thought we would be going to a range, which would have given me an opportunity to actually test it out, but we couldnt, and jsut went out to our local desert shooting location haha.

13. kenhesr

kenhesr New Member

Hi Doc, Great choice. Super fun little rifles, well made and smooth as butter. My youngest grandson sure likes his. Two weeks ago he got his first "real" rifle, went 22lr shooting for the first time and had his first 50 yd bullseye all on the same day. The only downside is that now I gotta pick one up for ME!

[​IMG]

14. Don Davis

Don Davis New Member

+1 kenhesr

Great lookin' grandson - isn't it fun to shoot with your kids and grand kids ... I remember fine times with my Dad :)