Picked up a new M&P today.

Discussion in 'M&P Forum' started by StLshooter, Oct 12, 2013.

1. StLshooter

StLshooter New Member

I went to the gun shop the other day and traded my SD9VE towards a M&P shield 40. I took it to the range today and ran 100 rounds through it and I'm impressed. It's very accurate and comfortable for its size. It is so comfortable to carry, I forget that it's there. No need to carry my wife's bodyguard anymore when I'm wearing shorts and a T-shirt, I could not do this with my 9c. I love the shield 40.

Attached Files:

2. JW357

JW357 New Member

Nice gun. Congrats. :)

3. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Congrats.
    I traded my bodyguard in for mine. Great gun.

Attached Files:

4. StLshooter

StLshooter New Member

What kind of self defense ammo are you using with your shield?

5. StLshooter

StLshooter New Member

I forgot to ask, how did you color in your M&P logo?

6. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I have Hydra shocks and flat tip fmjs staggered.
    Fingernail Polish and non-acetone remover. Paint on thick, let dry, lightly wipe of excess. Easy peasy.

7. StLshooter

StLshooter New Member

Thanks, your shield looks good. I might have to try that.

8. rurak

rurak New Member

I need a good holster for my shield. I have a desantis iwb but its not as comfortable as I would like. Any suggestions??

9. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Not really. I got an elite survival systems iwb/pocket holster. I stitched a piece of leather across the bottom because it was cutting my hip.
    Aside from the fact that the clip comes off for pocket carry, I wouldn't recommend it. I just grabbed it because it was the only thing the shop had.

10. JW357

JW357 New Member

I have an Oldfaithful holster for my M&P9c. Highly recommended.

11. chachimacho

chachimacho New Member

image-3836776883.jpg

The G-Code Incog is great for appendix carry.

12. Chief51

Chief51 New Member

Congrats on your new M&P.

Hope I am not hi-jacking your thread but I also just got a new M&P.

Earlier this year I sold my Glock 19 not because I didn't like it but because I liked the M&P better. Yesterday I visited the local gun shop (Vance's Outdoor) to buy this M&P 9 Pro Series 5" barrel. They had just advertised a new price $100.00 less than previously advertised so the new price of $550.00 sounded good to me. I had gotten $500.00 for the Glock but I had tossed in some extra mags and a holster on the Glock sale. Really looking forward to a lot of range time with the new M&P 9 and hope the weather will cooperate. Ordered a couple extra mags from Midway as soon as I got home since they had them in stock.

While waiting on the paper work to pass inspection I browsed the store. .22lr is still hard to come by around here. They did have some Fed. Auto Match but I didn't bother to ask the price since I didn't want any. Powder was mostly in good supply but no HP-38/Win.231 and the prices were about what they were this time last year. Primers were in good supply also in both CCI and Winchester but they were $36.95/1000 which is about $10.00 over last year.

Later in the day I went to Lancaster with friends for supper and we stopped at Ohio Valley Arms on the way home just to browse. Their reloading supplies were limited and higher priced. They did have a good supply of CCI Std. Vel. 40gr. Target but they wanted $5.99 per box of 50 with a two box limit. I passed on that high price. A couple weeks ago I found some of the same CCT Std. Vel. at Walmart for $3.47 per box of 50 with a three box limit, I did get my three boxes there.

Attached Files:

13. blurrnaway

blurrnaway New Member

How much did they give your for the SD9VE? I am also interested in maybe trading mine in :).

14. StLshooter

StLshooter New Member

They gave me $175 for it.