Firearms Talk banner

Picked up a cheek pad for my creedmoor

859 views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  steelfingers 
#1 ·
Picked up a neat little cheek pad that I will be putting on my creedmoor. I will be having additional riser stitched into the top once I get it formed to the stock. I will be soaking it in water and then truss it up tight on my stock to make a natural form. Once that is complete, I will have a leather guy stitch in a piece on top to the level I need for a riser. I will also have him put some loops for ammo on the off side.
I just love leather on a rifle.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Got cheek rest on last night and let it seat today. Was going to take it out and shoot but too windy. Decided to go hit some golf balls instead and bring my Golf cart home to get it ready for the season. Guess I'll go shoot in the morning and get the lawn mower and golf cart ready tomorrow afternoon (oil/filter/sharpen...yada, yada).
Anyway, the leather looks great on the stock but does little to get the proper rise. Will add piece to the top to get the 1" or so I need. Looks good though.
Soaked in hot tap water for 1 minute and when it was nice and soft, put it on.

#6 ·
HELLO!
Active forums are successful forums. Not particularly mine, but if you read a thread, then comment. It gives the person, taking time to post, incentive to post more.
Some post will have a hundred views and not a single response. That's not a good thing. The folks that run this depend on activity. View are good, post are even better.
Now I'll get off the pulpit and go sit in the pew.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.