Picked up a 9mm

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by NGIB, Jan 4, 2010.

1. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Over the holidays I picked up a 9mm very cheap as I had a bunch of ammo and no gun to shoot it. It's an FNP 9M (the compact model) and it was like new with box & papers and 3 factory mags. Reminds me a bit of a Sig with the external hammer and DA/SA with decocker. Seems well built and is very comfortable in the hand. Will try to get some range time with it this week and also take some pix. I stole this pic from the web...

Attached Files:

2. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Sounds like a solid purchase. May I ask what the cost was? I've still got 5-600 rds of 9mm I hung on when I got rid of my XD.

3. NGIB

NGIB New Member

I paid $300 cash for it- so I really couldn't pass it up. I have nearly a 1000 rounds of 9mm so I figured I'd pick up something to shoot them with. I'm not a real fan of DA/SA but this would make a good IDPA (or truck) gun...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 4, 2010
  4. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Took it to the range this afternoon and ran a quick box thru it. Performed perfectly and it shot to POA at 10 yards. Size wise, it's just slightly smaller than my XD .45 Compact. While I'm still not a fan of DA/SA, the single action trigger of this one ain't to bad...

5. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

FN makes quality firearms. I don't think you can go wrong with it.

6. group17

group17 New Member

FN make great pistols. You got a great deal and a great gun.
    You will also get use to the DA/SA and decocker. I don't have any that aren't