Picked this up over the weekend.

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by jordan89, Jan 8, 2012.

1. jordan89

jordan89 New Member

Picked up a ruger 22/45. Slightly used for $230. I've put about 400 rounds down range, a mix of Winchester, Remington, and CCI bulk ammo. No problems so far. I love the feel of it. I'm wanting to put some HiViz sights on it when I get some free time.

ForumRunner_20120108_221757.jpg

(Also, how does this picture look? I'm uploading from my phone.)

2. trip286

trip286 New Member

The pic looks good.

3. jordan89

jordan89 New Member

Thanks. On the app it looks small. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't to small or crazy big.

4. trip286

trip286 New Member

It looks just right on the computer, and congrats on a new gun!

5. jordan89

jordan89 New Member

Thanks! Next on my list is a 1911!

6. trip286

trip286 New Member

That's been next on my list for a while too! But as the time draws near, I seem to be letting my mind wander and I find myself wanting an AR, AK, and even a S&W model 29. I can only have one!

7. jordan89

jordan89 New Member

I feel you there. What I do is keep an envelope in my safe and put $25 a week in it. When I get enough saved up I go shopping. I've been wanting to build an AR for awhile now.

8. Werminator

Werminator Member

My 22/45 is easily my favorite gun... I have a number of other weapons, but for the feel, round cost, and generally fun practice provided by it you cant go wrong. I spent a little more for the model with the removeable panels as the one you have felt too small in my hand, but nice buy! You might think about picking up a cheap bottle of model paint or touch up paint for your sights rather than spending any kind of real money on the high viz sights... Just to try it out before you commit or so you can paint up a couple weapons (or a lot) for next to nothing...

9. Cattledog

Cattledog New Member

Nice pistol an a great deal. looks great ! you wont have any problems with it either. I had one for lot of years. It ate everything I fed it and fired true every time.