Philly Firearms Dealer Kills Looter, Another Wounded

Discussion in 'Firearms in the Media' started by alsaqr, Jun 3, 2020.

1. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

This firearms dealer was in his shop armed with an M4 carbine when four looters broke in. One looter wannabee is worm food and another one leaked.

Good on the firearms dealer.

"As violent riots spread across the country in the wake of the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis, Minnesota, looters had tried to break into the Firing Line Inc. gun store multiple times over the past few days. Knowing this, the gun store’s 67-year-old owner decided to spend the night in the store so that he could monitor the security cameras personally, according to WCAU-TV."

https://www.lifezette.com/2020/06/l...OTcvxVWmifLS8uV0bF-hoyXv2Hsl6hLWrm3hNiogNID84

Mercator, OLD Ron, Mongo and 3 others like this.
  2. G66enigma

G66enigma Well-Known Member

If only every able-bodied person would take the situation so seriously, perhaps there'd be far fewer such idiots on the street threatening lives and property. And, perhaps the "word" would get out that Americans simply refuse to continue to tolerate any such threats to them and theirs.

Hopefully, DA's and GJ's in states around the country will take this firmness for what it is, instead of "reading" into it to declare it's something that it's not.

Kudos to the property owner. Guarding his life, property and livelihood with the force he deemed necessary to repel a forcible felony with a disparity of force (against him) that he likely wouldn't have survived had he not been well-armed.

To the idiots in question who do such things: I'll bet your momma's proud of you now, Junior, for the despicable violent sins you perpetrate upon others.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
    targa, Caveman Jim, bluez and 4 others like this.

3. tac foley

tac foley Well-Known Member

I just wonder what political statement they thought they were making by breaking into a gun-store as though they were ordinary, run-of-the-mill thieves? Were they proving that they were just like 'other people'?

Guess they found out the hard way that political opinions mean squat when you get shot.

Wayta' go, Mr Store-owner!! Good shoot!

Caveman Jim, ellis36 and alsaqr like this.
  4. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

Picked the wrong place to break into, ordinary run-of-the-mill thieves or looters. ? Not that it will matter to them now.

5. Nmwabbit

Nmwabbit Well-Known Member

so business person awaits, armed, in their place of business awaiting the possibility of intruders - premeditated!

sees intruders outside via outside security cams and lay and wait secluded on the "second" floor with a high powered rifle where the proprietor awaits to spring his deadly force trap on the intruders!

[no mention of calling the police at the initial notice on the security cams the intruders are about to enter]

of course the business being a LE agency firearm/tactical suppler to the good olde local blue brotherhood assures the 'official' report exonerates the business owner.

ya got it...no security guard obtained even tho there were numerous attempts at breaking in!

[if they perps couldn't break in previously, did a critical security device in place before get inadvertently left open?]

6. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Well-Known Member Supporter

The Philly Mayor and COP are not pleased.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahb...l-business-owner-shoots-kills-looter-n2569966

Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney and Police Commissioner Danielle Outlaw paid lip service to the right of citizens to defend their businesses and lives on Tuesday during a press conference, but in the next breath expressed how disturbed they were that they would take matters into their own hands.

The statement came after a gun store owner in the city shot and killed a looter.

While customers praised the owner, Kenney and Outlaw appeared to condemn him.

“We do not endorse or condone any form of vigilante justice or taking the law into one’s own hands,” said Outlaw, who encouraged people to protect themselves by “safe, nonviolent” methods where possible. She was, however, forced to admit that “there are very clear laws that allow us to protect ourselves and our property from harm.”

Kenney, meanwhile, said he was “deeply troubled” by the incident.

alsaqr and Nmwabbit like this.
  7. Ghost1958

Ghost1958 Well-Known Member

Gotta love Polk county sheriff on the same link. Speaking to would be looters arsonists etc.

. " If you try to break in to burn rob , I highly encourage our citizens to blow you back out of the door with their guns. "

My kind of Sheriff.

DHall_37, Mongo, Caveman Jim and 6 others like this.
  8. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Well-Known Member Supporter

Grady for President someday!

Mongo, RJF22553 and Ghost1958 like this.
  9. G66enigma

G66enigma Well-Known Member

Hm. No more "lying in wait" than a person at a residence, though. Anticipating, arming-up, activating whatever alarm/perimeter sensors exist. Then, acting once forcible entry is made that threatens those inside.

No amount of his sitting there caused the perpetrators to do their violence and threaten his person and property by what they were doing. That he only occasionally hangs out there, at night, doesn't really alter that.

Of course, as your point implies, there are indeed such investigators and DA's who'd love nothing more than to scratch another "notch" in their holsters by stringing up another good guy who's defending his life and property. Wouldn't surprise me, here and there across the country, there'll be a number of similar incidents of protecting themselves where accusations and charges will ensue. It is an election year, after all, and showing a "tough on violence" stance might be lucrative for the "right" (wrong) sort of hound.

No telling what exactly the conditions were this guy faced. Not that his being there alters the fact of the forcible entry or the threat the multiple felons presented.

A few years back, I knew a guy who did FFL out of his home. Had scores of arms, waiting for pick-up or awaiting sending for service. Alongside his family members. I'd like to think no DA would have the lack of integrity to charge such a person with any such thing, despite the situation not being all that different.

And so long as investigators and DAs and judges tolerate charging otherwise upstanding people with defense of themselves and their property, we'll continue to get generations of violent felons who'd like nothing more than to strip us bare of all we have, up to and including our very lives.

EDIT: grammar and spelling.

10. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Good for him! Once again don't mess with Grumpy Old Men!:p
    But seriously, could you imagine what could have happened later with all of what is going on if they had got a bunch of guns and ammunition. So the fellow done a lot of people a GREAT favor!
    And not doubt protected many lives!;)
    Serves the punks right! No sympathy for them here! Good shooting Pops!:)

OLD Ron, Mongo, Caveman Jim and 5 others like this.
  11. alsaqr

Yep, another cry of something the ultra liberal gun grabbers call "vigilantism".

Yep, the criminal coddling blissninnies hate it when folks protect themselves and their property using deadly force. Never mind that the deceased would be looter pointed a gun at the man. Oh, the injustice of it all. :p

Firearms dealers are often targeted by organized criminals who want guns. Recently a pawn shop in a suburb of St. Louis was robbed at night by ten cretins in six vehicles.

https://www.riverfronttimes.com/new...atic-guns-stolen-in-affton-pawn-shop-burglary

Not too long ago a Lawton gun dealer was robbed at night and five AR-15 rifles taken.

Shopfox and ellis36 like this.
  12. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Alsaqr,

Just curious!
    I teach in St. Louis in St. Louis County once or twice a year. Do you know how long ago and if they have located any of the guns or made any arrests. I wondered if the Pawn Shop had any cameras? Obviously a well planned and orchestrated hit!

alsaqr likes this.
  13. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

That is exactly what I am talking about. LE is VERY NEGLIGENT in their duties by REFUSING TO STOP THE RIOTS so the property owners MUST exercise their RIGHT OF SELF DEFENSE and protect their life and property from the RIOTERS!:( This is truly as sad state of affairs when the LEO's, at all levels, REFUSE to do their job and violate the oath they took!!! It makes me ashamed/sad to admit I am a LEO!:(

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
    Caveman Jim likes this.
  14. alsaqr

i don't know. The robbery took place on 31 May, 2020. The US Attorney has charged a 19 year old with stealing the guns.

"ST. LOUIS (AP) — A 19-year-old man is facing federal charges accusing him of stealing nearly three dozen semi-automatic weapons from a St. Louis County pawn shop.

The U.S. Attorney's office in St. Louis on Wednesday announced a federal complaint accusing Devante Coffie of Valley Park of stealing 32 handguns and two long guns at the Southside Pawn Shop in Affton on May 31.

The complaint said Coffie and another person broke in through a second-story window after climbing onto the roof of a parked minivan. Once inside, they allegedly fired guns into glass enclosures to get access to the weapons."

https://www.stamfordadvocate.com/ne...ed-of-stealing-34-guns-from-pawn-15315006.php

Sniper03 likes this.
  15. alsaqr

Prosecutors in OK, minus a couple counties around Tulsa, are laid back when it comes to killing robbers. Just don't do a coup de gras like the OK City pharmacist did. In 1979, a rancher near Cache killed four cattle rustlers: No charges.

winds-of-change and Sniper03 like this.
  16. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

Just curious, do you log into a hot rod forum to to try to convince them not to drive those old v8 gas guzzlers? After all, a Prius is so much more efficient.

Mongo, elfmdl and Gatoragn like this.
  17. Nmwabbit

nope over that phase of my life with "sleepers"!

how's your Lamborghini doing?
    upload_2020-6-5_8-45-0.jpeg
    don't forget to buckle up and don't drink & drive -- k?

18. austin92

austin92 Well-Known Member

Never in my life have I met another human capable of spewing so many words with such little meaning as you.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2020
    Oldoutlaw and elfmdl like this.
  19. Nmwabbit

austin92, you know i sometimes, while out on this forum, i actually mutter..."never in my life" -- have i been associated with someplace whose members feel the egotistical need to constantly engage in such power & control bullying tactics just to demean, discredit, or disparage someone else just because they want to believe they "belong" !

now, austin92, i'm sorry you didn't comprehend my post, but in the future, if you truly lack the capability to understand something -- ask for clarification in lieu of the rhetoric you just regurgitated to show your lifetime educational journey was lacking!

20. Nmwabbit

g66enigma...castle doctrine only applies to residences not businesses and laying in wait is premeditated