Petition for CC In Winnebago County

Discussion in 'Illinois Gun Forum' started by winds-of-change, Oct 18, 2012.

1. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

FINALLY.......there is a petition for CC in Winnebago County, Illinois. Here it is.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/concealed-carry-personal-safety-petition/

http://www.rrstar.com/blogs/kevinha...residents-push-for-concealed-carry-at-hearing

Rockford, which is the second largest city in Illinois, is in Winnebago County and is also pretty crime ridden. I can't sign the petition because I am in DeKalb County. Winnebago is north west of me. I hope it passes and starts the domino theory here in Illinois.

2. Shade

Shade New Member

We have a Kankakee Co. petition going also, I signed it.

Better late than never...

3. winds-of-change

4. PSYCHOFREAK3

PSYCHOFREAK3 New Member

I have signed it and will forward it on. Thank you for finding it Winds.

5. winds-of-change

Do you live in Winnebago County?

6. PSYCHOFREAK3

PSYCHOFREAK3 New Member

Yeah, I just hadn't seen that petition before. You can bet my wife and I were 2 of the 11000 signatures on the written one that was presented to the County Board.

7. 2ndAmendmentFreedom

2ndAmendmentFreedom New Member

If only this could come to Crook county.

8. winds-of-change

Cook County will be the last. I'm hoping it'll come to DeKalb County soon. Winnebago County is almost my neighbor. Right next to Ogle, which IS my neighbor.

9. mybigguns

mybigguns New Member

Anyone know of a petition for Dupage county?

10. winds-of-change

No, I don't know of one and I suspect it may be a long time coming, being a collar county. Just my opinion. Guilt by association. LOL

11. PSYCHOFREAK3

PSYCHOFREAK3 New Member

It's still not going to do anything, we still won't be able to carry (without potentially facing major legal issues.) The point of this is to show that we do what state wide CC. It can be brought up to the county board anywhere which is how they did it in Winnebago. You just have to get enough signatures and petition them.

One thing that some may not know the gentleman that brought this up at the County Board meeting previously (a couple of weeks) brought it up to the Winnebago County Safety Commision and they promptly "tabled" the resolution which means it sits there, didn't give a time to bring it back up and they don't have to bring it back up at all. They pushed it aside however the person/persons that started this kept trying.

The point is how nice would it be if one of the collar counties of the Oh So Great Chicago happened to pass CC on a county level. Don't you think that could open some eyes? That being said some are very against this being brought up for a vote because if for whatever reason it doesn't pass it could put cc in a bad light.

12. winds-of-change

Yes, that would be incredibly awesome.