PETA: Pet Turkeys?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Gordo323, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Gordo323

Gordo323 New Member

2. orangello

orangello New Member

No, dog is for "Chinese New Year". :rolleyes: Silly PETArs.

If you are going to not eat a particular food, do it because it is unhealthy food or tastes bad to you. I don't like the taste of most meat, especially fried pork chops, so i don't eat it.

Beyond that, domestic turkeys are so dumb that they have to be brought in when it rains to prevent drowning. I've never seen one fetch anything.

3. Gordo323

Gordo323 New Member

Probably hard to keep them on a leash as well!

They will fetch anything that is thrown in their general direction................ firecrackers come to mind...not that I ever did that as a bored farm kid:D

4. trip286

trip286 New Member

What burns me up is that the article says they specifically target children with their ads. That just pisses me off.

5. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

That's why you should raise your own children and not allow the State to do it. It only takes a village when the parents are absent.

6. trip286

trip286 New Member

I do. No one whoops his ass but me. But no matter what I do, people can still target him, and all that does is make my job harder.

7. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

My sister raised a few turkeys in her day. They are not smart birds and my sister raised them to EAT THEM. I remember once, though, my very young nephew was at her farm and being a city kid, he was curious about the turkey chicks. My sister picked one up and handed it to him and as he held this little chick, it died right in his hands. :eek: My sister only raised turkeys for a couple years because she said they had a high mortality rate. Chickens and ducks were easier to raise. And her turkeys tasted pretty good on Thanksgiving day. The beef she raised was pretty tasty, too.

You did NOT.......did you? You post some things that makes me think you must have driven your parents CRAZY!!

8. Sarge22

Sarge22 New Member

I'm retired and bored. Let me see one of those billboards. I'll sue PETA for traumatizing my daughter. :D

9. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

You know, after thinking very seriously about it I am taking their campaign to heart. I'm gonna stop by the pound on Monday and pick me up a Thanksgiving pup!

Any advice on what breeds taste the best?

10. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

To me, PETA is just a bunch of overly extreme animal lovers. I read the other day they were protesting the new Mario game because in it, Mario wears a animal suit. They said it was telling kids that fur coats are ok. Really? If you don't like the game, don't play it.

11. Gordo323

Gordo323 New Member

Umm....er......... no! It was actually my little brother......least he was the one who got caught :D They were little firecrackers, didn't hurt the turkeys, but they were so stupid, they would immediately go after a second when tossed in the pen!

My dad was an animal nutritionist working for the Univ. of Minn., we lived at a staff house on the turkey farm. I worked after school at the farm (12 years old), had to catch and weigh all the turkeys monthly!
    Needless to say, I don't ever care to see another domestic turkey again!
    Unless it is cooked to perfection and sitting on my dinner plate. :)

12. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I had heard a rumor recently that PETA is in the process of trying to get rodeos banned, saying that roping calves and bulldogging is animal cruelty...anyone else heard this??

13. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

I heard it too, and they can go hug a burning tree.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2011
  14. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Yep, i love animals alot and dont like seeing animals abused or neglected but they take it way to far.

15. trip286

trip286 New Member

I think they've actually been working on that for a while. My step dad was a champion heeler in OK during the 80's and 90's, and he had run into this kind of thing many times.